The Best Instagram Image Size? Some of us must have experienced photos and videos being cut off when making posts on Instagram. This is most likely due to the size of the content that does not match the Instagram post size limit.
In order for Instagram posts to be neater, knowing the size of Instagram posts is very important. Let’s just say related to Instagram photo size, Instagram video size, Instagram Feed size, Instagram profile photo size, and Instagram Story image size.
Please note, Instagram has provisions regarding the size for each type of post. Whether it’s a post on Instagram Feed, Instagram Story, or in a profile photo post.
To help make content posts more leverage, here is some important information to know about Instagram post sizes. Whether it’s for photo or video content.
Your Guide to Instagram Image Sizes for 2022
Instagram Photo Size
Photo content is content that is widely posted on Instagram. Unfortunately, the photos posted are often cropped so that they look less tidy.
So that this does not happen, we must know about the size of Instagram photos. The photo size on the Instagram platform is divided into 3, namely Square, Portrait or Vertical, and Landscape or Horizontal.
For the Square size type, the maximum pixels are 1080 x 1080 pixels or with a photo ratio of 1:1; Portrait or Vertical size, the maximum pixels are 1080 x 1350 pixels or with a photo ratio of 4:5; while the type of size is Landscape or Horizontal, the pixels are a maximum of 1080 x 608 pixels or with a ratio of 1.91:1.
So, before posting a photo, make sure of the size first. If it turns out that the size is not appropriate, then we can use a photo editing application to adjust the size.
Instagram Profile Photo Size
For Instagram profile photos, there are a few things you need to know so that the photo doesn’t break or get cut. Here are some suggested sizes:
- Photo at 128 × 128 pixels and 1:1. aspect ratio
- A photo with a size of 161 × 161 pixels and an aspect ratio of 1:1
- A photo with a size of 256 × 25 pixels and an aspect ratio of 1:1
- Photo with 512 × 512 pixels and 1:1. aspect ratio
- A photo with a size of 1024 × 124 pixels and an aspect ratio of 1:1
- Photo with 1080 × 1080 pixels and 1:1. aspect ratio
Instagram Story Image Size
Instagram Story or Instagram Stories is a feature that is widely used to post temporary content. This is because photo and video content in Stories will only appear for 24 hours after being posted.
However, just like uploading photos, there are size provisions for Instagram Story images to maximize content. Here are some points regarding Instagram post sizes for Stories:
- For photo content, the most suitable size is a photo with a resolution of 1080 x 608 pixels and an aspect ratio of 1.91:1.
- As for video content, the resolution is 1080 x 1920 pixels with an aspect ratio of 9:16.
Instagram Video Size
Apart from posting photos, Instagram also allows users to post videos in the Feed column. Almost the same as photo posts, there are 3 types of size provisions for the size of Instagram posts with video content.
The three types in question are Portrait or Vertical, Landscape or Horizontal, and Square. For Portrait or Vertical sizes, the recommended video resolution is 1080 x 1350 pixels with a maximum aspect ratio of 4:5.
For Landscape or Horizontal size, the video resolution is 1080 x 608 pixels with a maximum aspect ratio of 1.91:1; while for the Square size, the video resolution is 1080 x 1080 pixels with a maximum ratio of 1:1.
Instagram TV Video Size (IGTV)
Instagram has a platform Instagram TV (IGTV), which can be used to post videos of longer duration.
For those who want to use the platform, it is necessary to pay close attention to the provisions on the resolution and aspect ratio of IGTV videos. The goal is that the video does not break and cut when posted. Here are the recommended Instagram post sizes for IGTV content.
- Landscape or Horizontal, the maximum video resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels with an aspect ratio of 16:9.
- Portrait or Vertical, the maximum video resolution is 1080 x 1920 pixels with an aspect ratio of 9:16.
- Post Portrait, the maximum video resolution is 1080 x 1350 pixels with an aspect ratio of 4:5.
- Square, the maximum video resolution is 1080 x 1080 pixels with an aspect ratio of 1:1.
Not only that, there are several other provisions such as IGTV cover and video duration that need to be considered.
- For the size of an IGTV cover photo or cover photo, the photo resolution is 420 x 654 pixels with a 1:1.55 ratio.
- The minimum IGTV frame rate is 30 fps with a minimum resolution of 720p.
- The IGTV video file format is MP4, with the maximum IGTV file size for a 10-minute video being less than 650MB. As for videos with a duration of 60 minutes, the maximum file size is 3.6GB.
Instagram Reels Video Size
Instagram Reels is the latest feature launched by Instagram. In this feature, users can create video content with a maximum duration of 60 seconds.
To maximize this feature, we must know the size of the Instagram Reels video. The resolution for Instagram Reels is 1080 x 1920 pixels with an aspect ratio of 9:16.
Also Read: How to Make Instagram Reels Like a PRO!
Okay, that was complete information about The Best Instagram Image Size. Hopefully, from now on you can post photos and videos on Instagram more neatly and not cut off. Good luck!