Who doesn’t love free Wi-Fi? Many public spots are equipped with free Wi-Fi, making most people take advantage of these free facilities. Not only that, but you can also use free Wi-Fi when you are in a restaurant or coffee shop.
Even though they are free, some Wi-Fi hotspots in public areas are still locked with a password. You must ask for the Wi-Fi password first to the officer in a public place. After getting the password, you can directly connect to the network and the password will be saved on your device.
Now, what if a few days or months later you come back to the same place and want to connect to free Wi-Fi with a different device? Unfortunately, even though the Wi-Fi network to which your device has previously connected can make you reconnect, you still cannot see what the password for the network is.
Maybe you just ask again, but if you’re lazy, then you can outsmart it by looking at the Wi-Fi password on the device that has been connected. However, the method is not as easy as seeing the password on a PC because there are special steps that you have to do.
Well, this time Weblogue will review how to view Wi-Fi passwords on Android and iOS that have been saved or are currently connected. This way you can find out your own Wi-Fi password without the hassle of asking first.
How to View Wi-Fi Password on Android
First, we will discuss how to find out the Wi-Fi password using an Android device. Well, this method doesn’t require application assistance. It’s just that you have to root the Android device first. If your Android smartphone or tablet is rooted, you can follow the steps below:
Also Read: How to Get Wifi Password of Neighbors
- First, install ES File Explorer on an Android device that has been rooted
- Open ES File Explorer, then select Device
- Next, select the folder named ‘Data’
- Navigate to the ‘data / misc / wifi’ folder and you will find a file named ‘wpa_suplicant.conf.’
- Tap on it to open it and make sure you’re using ES File Explorer’s built-in to display text / HTML
- Look for the Network SSID menu in the file
- Below the SSID is the word “PSK” which indicates the Wi-Fi password of a network
- Write down the Wi-Fi password and close or uninstall the application. Do the same if you want to see passwords from other Wi-Fi networks again
How to View Wi-Fi Password on iOS
If the Android device that will be used to view Wi-Fi passwords has to go through the root process first, the iOS device must also go through the jailbreak stage before being used to find out the Wi-Fi password of a network. Here are the steps:
- Download and install NetworkList on the jailbroken iOS device first
- After the NetworkList tweak has been installed, go to the Wi-Fi settings present on your device
- You will see a new menu option called Network Passwords, but on iOS 7 the name is just Networks
- Tap on it and you will be able to see all the Wi-Fi passwords that are already stored on your device
- Write down the indicated Wi-Fi passwords manually, as you will not be able to copy them from the phone
How to see Wi-Fi passwords on Android and iOS is very helpful for you to find out the password without first asking officers or people around you. This method is very suitable if you are lazy to buy food first at a restaurant.
How to Know the Wi-Fi Password with this App
Not only using manual methods, but there are also ways to view Wi-Fi passwords with the help of special applications. However, this method still requires you to root first. Here are the steps:
- First, root the Android device first
- Then download the application called WiFi Key Recovery on the Google Play Store for free. Install Wi-Fi Key Recovery on your device
- When you enter Wi-Fi Key Recovery, this application will ask for superuser access
- Select ‘Grant’ on the popup and you will see a list of Wi-Fi networks with passwords
- If you want to search for Wi-Fi networks with specific names, you can use ‘SSID Quicksearch’.
Apart from seeing the password, it will also allow you to share Wi-Fi with other devices. You only need to copy the SSID and PSK from the network to be shared, then send the data to another device. If you don’t want to use this method, you can also share the Wi-Fi network and password via a QR code.
After obtaining a list of Wi-Fi networks along with their passwords, you can save them all to your device. To do this, press the menu button (generally marked with a three-dot icon) on your device, then select “Export” to copy all existing lists into text.
If you don’t want to bother sharing your Wi-Fi network and password with friends, you can take a screenshot and send it to your friends via chat applications or social media. Very easy, right?
Nowadays, Wi-Fi is widely available in public places, such as malls, restaurants, coffee shops, city parks, schools, libraries, and street stalls on the side of the road. In general, Wi-Fi in these public areas can be used for free. You can also take advantage of these available facilities for personal purposes.
However, Wi-Fi in public areas is generally slow. This is because there are many people who are also using bandwidth on the same network. Therefore, you can take advantage of the application for a Wi-Fi network booster that we have reviewed on this page if you want to get a faster internet speed.
Also Read: How to Fix Laptop is not Connecting to WiFi
How to View Wi-Fi Password on Android or iPhone makes it very easy for you when you want to use Wi-Fi hotspots in public places. But remember, this method cannot be used to tap and use other people’s private Wi-Fi that is not provided to the public. Good luck!