How to View All Memories in Facebook? It’s quite strange when you look back at your Facebook status that you posted a few years ago. You might smile when you read these posts, maybe you’re ashamed of yourself, or maybe you don’t believe you ever made a status like that.
Even so, still, when the old post appears on Facebook Home, it’s hard for us to ignore it. There is a strong curiosity to look back at the status we have made.
Well, if you open Facebook every day, then of course you will often feel things like that. This is because every day Facebook displays “Memories” containing one old post that we made one year, two years, or even ten years ago.
The Memories feature, launched in 2018, allows Facebook to show one old post that appeared on Home, complete with the option to share that post and the option to open a Memories page that lets you see other posts you’ve made on the same date as today. , including posts from friends who tag you.
Memories that appear on Home only appear once a day. So if you’ve seen it and go to the Memories page, then you won’t see it again on Facebook Home.
In addition to appearing on Home, you’ll usually find notifications about Memories on the Notifications page.
How To See Facebook Memories (Old & New)
How to look back on memories on Facebook via the Memories Page
Even though notifications about Memories only appear once a day, you can still go to the Memories page whenever you want in other ways. To open the Memories page, please follow these steps.
- Open Facebook, then tap the “Hamburger” icon at the top right.
- Tap “Memories”.
- The “Memories” page will open immediately. Then you can scroll down to see all the posts on that page.
How to View Memories Other Than Today (For a Specific Date)
The Memories page only shows posts made on the same date as today’s date. However, you can also view old posts for a specific date, month, and year in a slightly different way.
But unfortunately, this method can only be used on PCs and the Regular Facebook application.
To view old posts on a specific date, please open Facebook, then follow the steps below.
- Tap the profile photo at the top left.
- Scroll down, then tap the “Filter” icon to the right of “Posts”.
- In the “Post Filter” menu, tap “Today”.
- Scroll up or down on the calendar to select the month. After that, tap the date you want.
- Tap the year that appears on the screen. After that, scroll up and select the year you want.
- The year has changed to the year you chose. Then tap “Ok”.
- You will return to the “Post Filter” menu. There, you can adjust other settings. If so, just tap “Done”.
- You will return to the “Profile” page. Scroll down and you will find posts on the date and year you have selected. If there are no posts on that date, then the posts on the previous date will appear.
The further down the posting time will be backward.
Setting Memories on Facebook Regular
You can edit this Memories feature so that the posts that appear will be according to your wishes. To do this, please open the Memories page in the way I discussed above.
After that, tap the gear icon at the top right.
Later you will enter the “Memories Settings” page. On that page, you can choose one of the 3 settings for “Memories Notification” as shown in the image below.
If you change the setting for “Memories Notifications”, information will appear below indicating that the settings have been updated.
In addition to the option to change the settings for Memories Notifications, on the Memories Settings page there is also the option to hide friends or old posts that you made on a certain date.
To do this, you can follow the method I discussed below.
How to Hide Friends in Memories
If you have a Facebook friend whose name you no longer want to see when you view Memories, then you can hide them in the following way.
- On the “Memories Settings” page, scroll down and tap “People”.
- Tap on “Start typing name”. Then type the name of the friend’s Facebook account that you want to hide. After that tap the Facebook account.
- Tap the arrow icon at the top left.
- Done. You will return to the “Memories Settings” page. There you will see the number of people you have hidden.
If at any time you change your mind, then all you have to do is re-open the “People” menu on the “Memories Settings” page. Then tap the X in front of the name of the Facebook account that you blocked from your memories.
How to Hide Posts on Certain Dates
If you have bitter memories on a certain date or month, you can also hide them in the following way.
- On the “Memories Settings” page, scroll down and tap “Date”.
- Tap “Date” in the “Start” column.
- Tap “Year” below the month name.
- Scroll up and tap the year you want. For example, I tap the year “2013”.
- Next, you can scroll down or up to find the month you want. Then tap on the date you want. After that, just tap “Ok”.
- Tap “Date” in the “End” column. Specify the end date of the date range that you want to hide. (The method is the same as steps no. 3 to 5 above).
- Finally, tap “Save”.
- When finished, tap the arrow icon at the top left. Then you will return to the “Memories Settings” page and find the number of date ranges you hid in the “Date” menu.
So what if one day you want to delete that date range? then you can return to the “Date” page and tap the “X” to the right of the date you want to delete.
Also Read: How to Report a Facebook Account
Setting Memories on Facebook Lite
For FB lite users, you can also set the Memories that appear on your Facebook account. However, the method is a bit different.
After you tap the gear icon in the upper right corner of the Memories page, there will be two options for you to choose from, namely “Notifications” and “Preferences”.
To edit notifications for Memories, you can tap “Notifications”. After that, you can choose one of the two available options.
To block specific friends or dates in Memories, you can tap “Preferences”. Later on the “Preferences” page, there will be two menus that can be opened, namely “People” to hide friends you don’t want to see in memories and “Date” to hide old posts on a certain date.
As for how to hide people or dates in memories, I’ll discuss them below.
How to Hide Friends in Memories (Through FB Lite)
To hide friends in Memories, go to the “Preferences” page as described earlier. If you have entered the “Preferences” page, you can follow these steps.
- Tap “People”.
- Tap on the column “Start typing the name …”, then enter the name of the person you want to block. After that, tap the person’s name.
- If you have, just tap “Save”.
- You will return to the “Preferences” page. There you will find the number of people you have blocked.
If you change your mind, you can again tap the “People” menu on the “Preferences” page. After that, tap the “X” to the right of the name of the person you blocked. Finally, tap “Save”.
How to Hide Posts on Certain Dates (Through FB Lite)
Just like how to hide friends in Memories, the first step you have to do is go to the “Preferences” page. I have discussed how to edit Memories on FB LIte above.
Then after entering the “Preferences” page, you can follow the steps below.
- Tap “Date” on the “Preferences” page.
- Tap “Select Date”.
- Tap the column to the right of “Start”.
- Tap the icon above or below the date to specify a start date. If so, tap “Set”.
- Tap the column in front of “Done”. Then determine the completion date in the same way as step 4.
- After that tap “Add”.
- Then you can tap “Select a date” to block memories on other dates. Or directly tap “Save” to save the settings.
- You will return to the “Preferences” page. There you will find the number of timeframes you have blocked.
If you change your mind and want to delete the hidden date, you can tap the “date” menu again on the “Preferences” page. After that, tap the “X” next to the date you blocked. Continue by tapping “Save”.
That’s it for this article on How to View All Memories in Facebook. See you in the next article.