After being officially launched, YouTube Shorts has now become one of the targets of many social media users, so many want to know How To Use YouTube Shorts.
YouTube Shorts itself is officially present in more than 100 countries. YouTube users can now enjoy the collection of short videos available on the social media platform.
Before YouTube introduced the new feature by going public, this feature was already present in India in September 2020.
YouTube Shorts is said to offer short video creation and consumption experience that is very similar to the TikTok app. Shorts allows users to upload short videos that are 15-60 seconds long.
There are several steps we can take to make videos on YouTube Shorts, we can record them directly through the YouTube application or upload them through the smartphone gallery, here are the steps:
How to Make a YouTube Short
How to Make YouTube Shorts with Camera Video
- Open the YouTube app on the smartphone
- Click the “+” icon at the bottom center of YouTube.
- Select the “Create Video Shorts” option and then select the length of the video you want to use. If you want to make Shorts videos longer than 15 seconds, tap 15 above the record button to record up to 60 seconds.
- As an option, you can select the “Speed” button to speed up or slow down the video you want to make.
- Then you can also set a countdown to record hands-free mode and select the time to automatically stop recording by pressing the “Timer” button.
- To record a video, click and hold the record button or tap the button to start and tap again to stop recording.
- If you want to delete a video clip that you recorded earlier, click ‘Undo’, or click the “Repeat” button to add it again.
- Then click the “Done” button to preview and refine your video. Here you can add filters, timelines, text, or music.
- Click “Next” to add details to the video you have created such as adding a title with a maximum of 100 characters.
- Click “Upload”
How to Upload Video Shorts
- Open the YouTube app on the smartphone.
- Click the “Create” button then select “Upload Video”.
- Choose a video with a square or vertical aspect ratio.
- If your video is up to 60 seconds long, a crop editor will appear.
- Then for videos longer than 60 seconds, tap “Edit to video Shorts” to trim the video to 60 seconds or less.
- Click “Next” to open the editor screen where you can add text, music, or other audio to the Shorts video.
- Then click “Next” again to add details to the video, including a title with a maximum of 100 characters.
- Click “Upload”
For the record, YouTube limits recordings that use music from their own collection or original audio from other videos to a maximum of 15 seconds.
Also Read: How To Share a Private YouTube Video
So that’s How To Use YouTube Shorts, good luck!