Maybe there are still many who don’t know that the WhatsApp application can be used with two different accounts on the same Android phone. If you don’t know how to use two WhatsApp accounts on one Android phone, follow the tips below.
WhatsApp is the most popular instant messaging application and is widely used by people in the world. No wonder there are people who have two WhatsApp accounts at once.
It allows users to message or call other WhatsApp users wherever they are, as long as they have an internet connection.
This Facebook-owned app is a free download for Android and Apple users and can be used on mobile or desktop. But there used to be some limitations on the app, like only WhatsApp accounts that could be used per phone number on a single device.
But now technology has become more sophisticated, and you can already use two WhatsApp accounts on one Android phone. Currently, most phone manufacturers allow users to set two versions of the same app on their Android smartphones,
Several mobile phone manufacturers such as Xiaomi, Samsung, Vivo, Oppo, Huawei, Honor, OnePlus, and Realme already allow their users to set up dual apps or parallel apps or twin apps on their devices.
Although each brand of mobile phone uses a different feature name, the function is basically the same, namely a feature that allows users to have two separate versions of the same application, thus allowing for two different applications.
How to use dual WhatsApp in one smartphone
Almost all mobile phone vendors have now presented a feature that can allow you to use two WhatsApp accounts on one Android phone, without the need for third-party applications.
Well, this time we will give tips on how to use two WhatsApp accounts on one Xiaomi, Samsung, Vivo, Oppo, Huawei, Honor, OnePlus, and Realme cell phone.
Xiaomi smartphones running MIUI have a feature called Dual Apps. The trick, you can go to the Settings menu / Settings> click Applications / Apps> click Dual / Dual Apps.
For Samsung HP users, you can use the Dual Messenger feature. To do this, you can go to Settings/Settings > click Advanced features/ Advance features > click Dual Messenger.
For Vivo users, you can use two WhatsApp accounts by using a feature called App Clone. To do this, go to the Settings/Settings menu > click Applications and notifications/ Apps and notifications > then click Application Clone/ App Clone.
For Oppo phone users, you can use a feature called App Cloner. To do this, go to the Settings menu > click App Cloner.
Finally, for you Realme users, there is a feature called App Cloner. You can do this by going to the Settings/Settings menu > Application management/App Management > Application Clone/App Cloner.
Huawei and Honor phones
Huawei and Honor phone users can run two WA accounts by using the App twin feature. To do this, go to the Settings/Settings menu > click Applications/Apps > and click Twin apps/App twins.
OnePlus allows its users to clone apps with the Parallel Apps feature. To do this, go to Settings/Settings > click Utilities/Utilities > click Parallel Apps/Parallel Apps.
Dual WhatsApp: How to use two WhatsApp accounts
- To activate a second account on WhatsApp, go to > Settings.
- Look for Dual app, App Clone, Twin app, or Parallel App (Feature name will depend on the smartphone you are using.
- You should find the WhatsApp application button, click on it to Activate.
- Wait for the process to complete and return to the home screen.
- You will see a second WhatsApp icon with a mark on it which identifies it is the second version of the same WA app.
- Open it and you will enter with WhatsApp settings screen.
- Click > Agree and > Continue.
- On the next screen, enter a different phone number than the one you already used to set up WhatsApp and tap > Next.
- You will then receive an OTP for verification.
- After entering the OTP, you will be asked to complete the setup process, after which a second WhatsApp account will be set up.
- After the setup process is complete, you now have two WhatsApp accounts on the same smartphone.
Using the OGWhatsapp app
Here is a trick to run two WhatsApp accounts in one Android-based smartphone using the OGWhatsapp application.
- First of all, make sure to backup your conversations on WhatsApp. (click here to find out how).
- Then go to settings menu>apps>whatsapp>clear data
- After that, go to the WhatsApp folder via file manager (/sdcard/WhatsApp). Rename the WhatsApp folder to OGWhatsapp (/sdcard/OGWhatsapp).
- Uninstall the official WhatsApp application.
- Then download the OGWhatsapp application.
- OGWhatsapp will ask for a phone number, then enter the phone number according to the number you previously used.
- OGWhatsapp is already working with that phone number.
- Now download and install the official WhatsApp application.
- After that, enter the new phone number that you want to use in your WhatsApp account.
- Now, you have two WhatsApp accounts in one smartphone.
So, those were some tips for using two WhatsApp accounts on an Android phone. The method is very easy, and you can try it right away. Good luck.