For gamers, of course, you already know what Discord is. This application is specially designed for gamers to communicate with other players easily, especially when playing games that can be awkward or playing together. Then, how to use Discord?
Discord is a VoIP service application that was first introduced in 2015. Before it was popular among Android, iOS, and console users, Discord was initially used by users when playing online PC games with other players.
Until now, this application is popular among gamers, podcasters, and even Twitch app streamers. However, Discord is also often used by users to listen to music together or just chat with other users.
Well, this time we will give you a complete guide on How to use the Discord App on Mobile and PC, starting from registering and logging in to accounts, settings, to creating a server. Better, see the explanation below yes!
Download and Install Discord
If you are an Android phone or iPhone user, you can download and install the Discord application via the Google Play Store or App Store. As for PC Discord, just access the official website and select the Download button.
Oh yes, if you don’t want to bother downloading Discord and installing it, you can also directly open this gamer-only service via the browser. Relax, there is no difference in streaming quality in either the application or the browser version.
But to be honest, we prefer you to just download the application. The reason is, you don’t need to open many tabs in the browser which sometimes makes the PC or laptop you use slow down.
Another reason is that some Discord functions don’t work in the browser, such as streaming video games you’re playing directly to YouTube. Too bad right?
Also Read: 10 Best Dating Apps For Relationships
How to Register a Discord Account
If you have downloaded and installed Discord on your device, the next step is to create an account on your Android phone or PC. Here’s the complete guide:
- First, open the app and select the Register button to register an account.
- Enter your email address or phone number, then press Next.
- Then, enter the desired username and password. Then, press the Next button.
- In the last step, enter your date of birth information and press the Create an account button.
- Voila! If the account registration process is successful, all you have to do is log in and be allowed to enjoy the series of features in it.
How to Create and Join a Discord Server
Similar to WhatsApp, Line, to Telegram, you can also create your own chat group or commonly referred to as a server. Below we tell you a complete way to easily create a Discord server for you. Let’s see, buddy!
- The first way to create a Discord server is to go to the main application page, press the + icon and Create My Own.
- There are two choices of server types. If you want to create a special group, you should just choose For me and my friends.
- Enter the server name, and select Create Server. You can include a topic from the created group or press the Skip button to enter your server.
- To share the created server, tap the Invite your friends and Share Link buttons to share the group link with friends via chat, or other social media.
So, how do you join a Discord server or group? By joining a group, you can follow updates, chat with other players, or even follow servers created by popular gaming YouTubers!
But the condition is, you must have a server link first. So, here’s how to join a Discord group:
- Tap the + icon and select Join a friend on Discord.
- Then, enter the server link you received in the field provided by the application.
- Next, select the Join Server button.
- A page will appear showing the server you want to follow. Now, just press the Accept Invite button to enter the desired group.
How to Set Voice, Video Call, and Open Chat Discord
How to use Discord on Android, iOS, until the next PC is related to voice settings. When playing the best online games like PUBG Mobile, COD Mobile, or maybe DOTA 2 on a PC, communication is the most important thing to win.
Discord has a Voice Chat feature which is the main advantage of this application. While playing games with friends, you can still communicate and strategize via this feature.
For setting Voice Chat on Discord, there are steps that must be done. Here’s how to set Discord for Voice Chat:
- Select the Discord server you want to use.
- In the Voice Channels section, select General.
- Tap the Join Voice button and allow the app access to your device’s microphone.
- Similar to Zoom, you can also make video calls on Discord. To do this, just tap the button with the video icon in the lower-left corner of the app.
In addition to voice chat, you can also chat with other members through the Open Chat feature. Its function is similar to the WhatsApp or Telegram groups you are following now. Here’s how to set the Open Chat feature on Discord.
- Select the server you want to use.
- Then, tap Open Chat and select General.
- Next, you just have to chat on the server and exchange messages with other group residents.
How to Use Discord Bot to Listen to Music
This is what makes many gamers communicate via Discord when playing online games with friends. You can listen to music, add more likes to the server by using bots.
At this stage, we will share how to use music bots on Discord. Here are the steps:
- Access the Hydra Bot site via a browser on your Android phone.
- On the main page, press the Invite button.
- Log in to your Discord account, then select which server you want to add the Hydra bot to and press Continue.
- If successful, you’ll get a message from Hydra Bot indicating that the bot’s features are up and running.
- To play music, enter the command “.play(space)song title(space)singer name“. For example, “.play sugar maroon 5” and press Enter key.
Also Read: 10 Best Graphic Design Software for T-Shirts
That was the explanation about Discord and how to use the application and take advantage of the function of this service on your Android, iOS, or PC. For those of you who like to play games, especially with friends, you must use this one application.