Have you ever used the facility to send remote information with a combination of codes transmitted by a device known as the telegraph? Yes, this communication facility is called telegram and it was booming in the 80s to 90s. However, have you ever thought in your mind if the telegram returns to this day and age?
Yes, Telegram is back to enliven the world of communication. However, Telegram comes in the form of an instant messaging application. You don’t have to bother going to the telephone office if you want to send a telegram because you can download the application directly from your smartphone. Come on, find out how to use Telegram!
About Telegram Messenger
If you are familiar with using instant messaging applications, such as BlackBerry Messenger, LINE, or WhatsApp, of course, you are no stranger to using the Telegram Messenger application.
Yes, Telegram Messenger is an end-to-end encrypted instant chat application to ensure the security of the messages you receive or send. This cloud-based application can be installed on smartphones, tablets, or computers.
If some similar applications only allow you to send and receive pictures or videos, Telegram Messenger provides the facility to send documents and locations to your friends who also have this application on their device.
Until now, many people are satisfied using Telegram because they feel they can send messages quickly, practically, and free of cost as well as advertisements that are common in several other applications.
Also Read: How to Create a Telegram Bot Without Coding
How to install and register Telegram Messenger on iOS and Android
This time, Telegram comes in the form of a chat application that you can get for free on iOS and Android-based phones. The following Weblogue will provide guidelines for installing and creating an account on Telegram Messenger:
- Install the Telegram application on your smartphone by going to the App Store or Google Play Store, then looking for the Telegram application which has a paper airplane logo
- Wait a few moments because the application will be installed on your smartphone. If so, open the application
- Create your personal account in order to use this application. Enter your currently used phone number, then wait a few moments then a verification code will be sent to the number you registered earlier. Enter the code sent via SMS to go through the verification process so you can create a Telegram account
- Fill in your name and attach the photo you want to be seen by your other friends who also use this application
- Find your friends who also use this application. However, if you give Telegram Messenger access to track a list of your friends who use this application through your phone contacts on your cellphone, then Telegram will display a list of friends on your phone contacts who also have this application.
How to Use Telegram Messaging App
After you have successfully installed Telegram on the iOS or Android phone you are using. Now, it’s time for us to learn how to use the Telegram Messenger application on iOS and Android. Here’s how to use Telegram on devices with iOS and Android operating systems:
- Select a friend who is in your Telegram contact list, then type your message to that friend
- Apart from sending text messages, Telegram Messenger also allows you to send photos, videos, documents, and contacts. The trick is to press the paperclip icon next to the chat text field. Then choose the type of information you want to send
- If you want to send a secret text message, select the option “New Secret Chat” then choose your friend’s name. In addition, you can send messages in the form of text, pictures, or videos to your friends who also have this application on their cellphones
- If you are bored with an application background that looks normal, set another image to be the background when you use the Telegram Messenger application
In this secret message contained in Telegram Messenger, you can also set the time for sending messages. The trick is to press the friend’s name at the top of the screen> press the “Info” button> enter the “Self-Destruct Timer” settings then select the time you want.
How to Set Username on Telegram
Not only Twitter or IG can use a username. The reason is, Telegram also has a username feature to make it easier to find friends. So, you can search for friends by username. However, first, you have to specify a username that will be used. The method is very easy, here are the steps:
- Enter the Telegram app and click on the three lines symbol in the upper left corner.
- Then, you can directly select “settings”
- After that, click on the “username” feature
- Type in the username you want to use. When finished, immediately click the “checklist” in the upper right corner
How to Determine Bio on Telegram
Telegram is not just for chatting. Here you can specify a username and even specify a bio like Instagram. You can describe yourself in the bio. The method is very easy.
- First, you just need to enter the settings.
- Then you can click “Bio”
- After that, you write down the bio you want. When it’s finished, you can immediately click the “checklist” symbol in the upper right corner.
How to use the Telegram Messenger application on a PC
Besides being able to be used on smartphones or tablets based on iOS and Android, this application is also compatible with PCs or laptops that use the Windows operating system. Here’s how to use the Telegram Messenger application via PC:
- Download the Telegram application specifically for Windows, then install the application
- Enter your mobile number to register for a Telegram account, then wait a few moments because this application will send a verification code to that number. Enter the code into the Telegram Messenger app
- Once registered, add your friend’s contacts on Telegram by pressing the “Contact” button, press “Add Contact”, enter your friend’s phone contact who uses Telegram
- If the friend’s contact has been added successfully, click on the left side of the contact then type the message you want to send
- To send a file, click the paperclip icon, then select the type of file you want to send
How To Create Groups On Telegram
Just like on WhatsApp or LINE, on Telegram you can also create groups to chat with more than 1 friend. Uniquely, groups on Telegram can accommodate up to 5,000 contacts. Here’s how to create a group on Telegram:
- Open the Telegram application on the smartphone, then select the “New Group” menu
- Select the people you want to include in the group from your Telegram contact list. When done press the check icon on the top right
- Create a name for the group and end by tapping the check icon
If a group name has already been created, press the three-dot icon next to the group name to set up your new group. In this setting, you can define the group admin via the “Set Admins” menu, change the group name back in “Edit Name”, make the group bigger with “Convert to Supergroup”, or delete and leave the group “Delete and Leave Group”
The groups available on Telegram have the same benefits as in other similar applications. You can also send files or do voice notes in the group provided by Telegram.
Also Read: How to Change Telegram Chat Background
Although not as famous as LINE or WhatsApp, Telegram Messenger is here to give a new color to the world of instant messaging applications. In the Google Play Store, this application has been installed by Android users 500 million times. In addition, this application also has a rating of 4.2.