Despite being the most widely used operating system worldwide, many still don’t know how to update their windows. Therefore, Weblogue will explain how to update Windows 10 in full.
All you need to know, Windows 10 users in September 2019 have reached 900 million worldwide. This is natural because the user interface offered by Windows 10 is quite easy to understand for anyone, including beginners.
You can find all the features that play an important role in maintaining the performance of windows on a laptop or computer. However, unfortunately, there are still some people who find it difficult to use.
Even to activate windows, quite a lot of people don’t know it.
How to Update Windows 10
To update Windows 10 is actually a very easy job. The reason is, Windows itself has provided several choices of methods that you can use to update Windows 10.
You can update Windows 10 offline, manually and automatically. Windows 10 update also applies to pro, home, enterprise editions, both legal and pirated versions.
So whatever Windows 10 you are using right now, you can still update it easily. Here are some choices of methods that you can try.
Using Update Assistant
Update Assistant is a feature of Windows that can help you update the Windows 10 version to make it easier. Make sure you are using an internet network with a stable speed and using the latest version of Windows 10 Update Assistant.
How to update Windows 10 to the latest version:
- Run your Update Assistant application.
- Click the Update Now button to start downloading the updates.
- Windows will check the hardware first.
- If all status is OK, click the Next button.
- Wait for the Windows 10 update process to complete.
- Finally, restart your computer or laptop.
Follow the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update wizard to complete. And now you can be sure that you have successfully updated your Windows 10 version to the latest version.
Note: If you can’t use the Update Assistant application, try updating the application first via the Windows 10 Update Assistant download link.
Media Creation Tool
Media Creation Tool or abbreviated as MCT is one of the features that can also help you update the Windows version 10. How to update Windows 10 using MCT is a very easy method, but there are some requirements that you must fulfill.
- Has at least 5 GB of storage space
- Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
- Using a stable internet network
- Make backups of important files if necessary
After that, run the installer file from Media Creation Tool on your PC or laptop. Then select the Upgrade this PC now option then click the next button to start the process of downloading the Windows 10 update installation file.
When the download is complete, a display will appear providing information about the license terms. Click the Accept button to accept and go to the next stage.
The Media Creation Tool will check whether there is a Windows 10 update or not. If available, this application will automatically start to download the latest Windows 10 update files.
Then on the Ready to install page click the Install button and select the option Keep personal files and apps so that applications, files, and data on your PC or laptop are not lost.
You can also specify which files you want to delete and which ones you don’t want to delete through the Change what to keep option. Then click the Install button and wait until the Windows 10 update is complete then restart your PC or laptop.
Using Windows Update
Windows Update is one of the built-in features of Windows 10 that you can use to update the version to the latest one. Because it uses the built-in features of Windows 10, this method can be used to update the original or pirated windows.
How to use Windows Update on Windows 10:
- Click the Windows logo on the PC or laptop screen.
- Then click the Settings menu.
- Open the Update & security menu.
- You must click on the Check for updates button.
- Windows 10 update will run.
- After the process is complete, click the Restart Now button.
After that, the Windows 10 update process will go to the update stage that runs automatically. The length of time it takes depends on the size of the update file.
How to Update Windows 10 Offline
Microsoft maintains a website that provides legal update files called the Microsoft Update Catalog. With this method, you can update Windows 10 to the latest version manually and offline.
How to update Windows 10 manually:
- Open your web browser application.
- Then visit the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- Look for the windows version in the search bar, for example, 1903.
- Determine whether to use 32 bit or 64 bit.
- Then click the Download button next to it.
- Click on the MSU or CAB file to start downloading.
If the file you are downloading is in MSU format, just double click to install it. Meanwhile, if the CAB format, you must use CMD to be able to install it.
In essence, in this method, you have to download the Windows 10 update file first so that it can be installed offline. So, make sure you choose the correct update file.
Check Windows 10 Version
After you already know how to update Windows 10 and have successfully done it. Of course, you also want to make sure whether Windows 10 is in the version you want or not.
To do this is very easy, here’s a guide:
- Open Run by pressing Windows + R on your keyboard.
- Then type winver in the run column.
- Then press the Enter key.
- The Windows 10 version that you are using will appear in full.
The information displayed is quite complete, because there you will know the Windows 10 version up to the number of the OS Build.
Well, that’s a discussion about how to update Windows 10 to the latest version that can be done online or offline, this method can be used on any version of Windows 10, including pirated ones.