Online status or many call it last seen is one of the features of WhatsApp so that users can find out whether they are active or when they last opened WA, for how to turn off last seen on WhatsApp you can do it easily.
The last seen feature is actually very useful if you want to display the last time you opened the WhatsApp application. However, some people also want to hide last seen to maintain their privacy.
WhatsApp provides this feature so you can show the last time you were active when you opened the WhatsApp application. However, WhatsApp also provides an option to remove it so you can maintain privacy.
You can disable this feature easily. There are even several different ways you can try.
How to turn off last seen on WhatsApp Android
The first method is if you are using the WhatsApp application on an Android cellphone. To hide last seen WA, you don’t need to install additional applications and only need to use the WhatsApp application.
How to hide last seen WA on an Android phone without an application:
- Open the WhatsApp application on your cellphone.
- Then open the Settings menu> Account> Privacy.
- Select the Last seen menu option.
- Select None if you want to hide the last seen WA.
After that, the last seen or last seen status will not appear on your WhatsApp account or other users/contacts of your friends.
How to turn off last seen on WhatsApp iPhone
Take it easy if you are an iPhone user, WhatsApp also provides a feature to hide last seen. How to do it is also very easy and only requires a few steps.
Also Read: How to Open Someone Whatsapp in Your Phone
Here’s how to get rid of last seen on iPhone WhatsApp:
- Enter and run your WhatsApp application.
- Then tap the Settings menu.
- Select menu Account> Privacy.
- Open the Last Seen menu option.
- You have to choose Nobody in order to hide it.
For the record, WhatsApp on the iPhone provides 24 hours for each setting change. So, if you want to change the last seen settings back, then you have to wait 24 hours first.
How to turn off last seen on GBWhatsApp
GBWhatsApp is a modified version of the WhatsApp application that you can use on an Android phone. Besides being able to hide last seen and eliminate online status, GBWhatsapp is also able to create fake last seen on your WA.
How to make fake last seen on GB WhatsApp:
- Make sure you have installed GBWhatsapp on your cellphone.
- Then open the Privacy menu.
- Then select the Hide online status option.
- Now your last seen status will show fake time.
The last seen time displayed by GBWhatsApp is right after you activate the hide online status feature. However, you must be vigilant when using the modified version of the WhatsApp application, because there is a possibility that your WA account will be blocked.
Meaning of the Last Seen Menu Options
If you follow how to turn off last seen on Android and iPhone, you will see the options for Everyone, My Contacts, and Nobody. Or if in Indonesian it is everyone, my contact, and nothing.
What exactly is the function of the last seen menu option? The following is the review below:
- The Everyone option will display your last seen by anyone.
- My Contacts option will display last seen only to people whose contacts you have saved on your cellphone.
- The option None will hide your last seen WA status and no one can see it.
Now you know how to hide the last seen or last seen status on WhatsApp. You can set this feature so that the privacy of your WA account is safe.
If you have set the last seen feature on WhatsApp, but no changes occur. Then make sure you are using the latest WhatsApp application. Because if the WhatsApp application is outdated or out of date, it is likely that an error will occur.
That’s how to turn off last seen on WhatsApp that you can try on your WA account on an Android phone or on an iPhone. If you want to change it back to the original setting, just follow the same steps above.