When you plan to change your cellphone from iPhone to Android, of course you want to move all WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android, right? But unfortunately, because the two cellphones have different OSs, you can’t move them like moving other data as usual.
There are several easy ways to move it, you can use an apps or email that is integrated with the WhatsApp feature itself. Curious, right, want to know how? Here we provide a tutorial How to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android.
How to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
If you are an iPhone user and want to do WhatsApp transfer to Android without the hassle, try the following two methods. All data on WhatsApp can definitely be transferred easily and quickly.
Dr.Fone application – WhatsApp Transfer
This first method uses third party assistance, aka applications. The application is not difficult to use, because you only need to click once and all data on WhatsApp will be transferred easily and quickly by Dr. Fone.
Also Read: How to Open Someone Whatsapp in Your Phone
Dr.Fone itself is an application that has many advantages. This application can move all data on WhatsApp, such as media, chat, and contacts; without being complicated. Not only for iOS to Android, you can also move WhatsApp data from Android to iOS with one click.
Then, Dr.Fone also has a feature to backup and restore conversations on Whatsapp. So you don’t have to worry about old chats in WA that might be deleted
What’s interesting is that Dr.Fone can be used to backup other social media applications, such as LINE, Kik, Viber, and Wechat. So, you won’t lose chat content, voice, video, and stickers. Take it easy, everything you do in this application is very safe. No need to worry about your data being leaked to other parties. Very complete, right?
After knowing the advantages offered by Dr.Fone, now is the time for you to try the application yourself. One of its features is transferring WhatsApp from Android to iPhone, or vice versa. It’s easy, let’s follow the steps below:
- First, you have to download and install the application on your PC. Please download the application here.
- If so, you can immediately open the Dr.Fone application. Make sure both phones, Android and iPhone, are connected to the application. Then, on the main menu, select WhatsApp Transfer> WhatsApp.
Then, you will be faced with 4 other options, namely Transfer WhatsApp messages, Backup WhatsApp messages, Restore WhatsApp messages to iOS devices, and Restore WhatsApp messages to Android Device. Now, because you want to move WhatsApp data, then select the Transfer WhatsApp Message option.
- The next step, Dr.Fone will immediately detect your Android phone and iPhone, as shown below.
- After that, you can proceed to the next step by clicking Transfer. This application will automatically transfer WhatsApp from iOS to Android quickly.
- Wait until the data transfer process is complete so you can open WhatsApp as usual.
How, how to move WhatsApp to a new phone is very easy, right? You don’t need to worry about WhatsApp chats on your iPhone, because now everything has been transferred to your Android!
The next way is to use email. This method is also easy, but unfortunately you can’t open the data on WhatsApp because it has been exported to the “txt” format. So, this method is only for storing WhatsApp conversation contents. You can do the following steps:
- First, open the WhatsApp application, then select Settings> Chat Settings> Email Chat.
- The next step, select the WhatsApp conversation that you want to move. A new window will appear saying “Attaching media will generate a larger email message”. If you want to save pictures and videos, then choose Attach Media, and vice versa, select Without Media to not save videos and pictures.
- Next, you will be asked to enter an email with your email password. After that, immediately click Send.
- Done, now you have sent all WhatsApp data to email. Please open the email to view the data, but you can’t open the data on WhatsApp.
How to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android
If you are an Android user and want to move WhatsApp data to another Android phone, you can use the WhatsApp backup feature. The method is very easy, please follow these steps:
The first step, open the WA application. Then click Settings> Chats> Chats backup. Then, don’t forget to enable the Backup to Google Drive option. Then click BACKUP.
After that, don’t forget to uninstall the WA application on the old cellphone. Then, install the WA application on the new cellphone and enter with the old WA number. Then you can immediately restore all WA data on your old cellphone, just wait a few moments depending on your internet connection.
Tips for Transferring WhatsApp
If you decide to move WhatsApp data to another device, you need to pay attention to a few things first so that no data is left behind, here are some tips:
1. Pay attention to the data size
First, you need to pay attention to the size of the data you want to transfer, whether it is enough to save it on a new device or not. If you have a lot of storage on other devices then this won’t be a problem.
However, if your device turns out to have a limited storage capacity, you should select only some data that need to be transferred. Usually, data such as videos and images have a larger size than text data.
2. Select Important Data
These tips also apply to those of you who have limited storage capacity. So that storage doesn’t fill up quickly, it’s better to choose only important data, for example job data, lectures, or others. Choosing data also makes your WhatsApp more organized and tidier.
3. Make sure you do the verification
Verification is done to secure all data on WhatsApp. So, not just anyone can access WhatsApp and your WhatsApp data. Of course this will be safer, especially if you have very important and confidential data.
That’s an easy way How to Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android. You can choose one of the two methods. But if you have another, easier way, please let us know and other readers via the comments column.