Recently, Apple began to launch its brand-new product, the iPhone 12. Those of you who claim to be Apple’s freak, do you already have it? If you intend to have it, that means you have to transfer all data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone; maybe for those who are technology literate, things like this are already comfortable and smooth to do, but what about iPhone users who are still confused?
No worries! Weblogue will help you do this! The first step, try to check your iOS system first; if it is 14 or above, it is easier for you to transfer data using the quick start feature provided by the iPhone or iPad on each device. The quick-start feature offers the option to migrate between devices wirelessly.
How to Transfer All Data from an Old iPhone to a New iPhone
Quick Start Feature
How to use this feature is quite easy and you can immediately follow the steps below:
- First, turn on your new device / iPhone and hold it close to the old device / iPhone. This way, the quick-start feature will automatically activate on your old iPhone and give you the option to use Apple ID for settings on the new iPhone. If that option doesn’t appear, just enable Bluetooth on both devices.
- After that, you place your old iPhone on top of the new iPhone, but first make sure that the “device migration” animation appears and the viewfinder position on the old iPhone with the animation that appears on the new iPhone is correct. If the camera on the old iPhone doesn’t work, you can do it manually.
- Enter the passcode on your old iPhone on the new iPhone when prompted to continue the quick start feature process.
- The Face ID or Touch ID settings will appear on your new iPhone. Just follow the directions.
- Once the process is running, your new iPhone will offer you the option to transfer data from one device to another. You will also be given the option to perform app, data, and settings recovery from the most recent iCloud backup.
Apart from using the quick start feature, iPhone users can also migrate data using the migration feature between devices or what is known as the Data Transfer feature. This can also be done as easily as the QuickStart feature mentioned above. Come on, follow the explanation.
Migration Features Between Devices (Data Transfer)
So, now we want to explain how to migrate between devices. Immediately see the explanation below:
- The first step is still the same as operating the QuickStart feature, which is to turn on your new iPhone and hold it close to the old iPhone until the quick start feature activates.
- After the animated notification that the device migration feature is active, you can put the old iPhone back on the new iPhone.
- Enter the passcode on your old iPhone on the new iPhone, as authorization to perform data migration actions.
- follow the next directions after the Face ID or Touch ID settings appear on your new iPhone.
- The next process is to choose the command to transfer data from the old iPhone to the new iPhone. If you are using the cable transfer method, make sure the transfer icon is turned on or a cable is detected. This indicates that the device is connected.
- Bring your two iPhones (old & new) closer, don’t forget to charge them until the iPhone data migration process is complete; because data transfer times can vary based on factors such as the type of connection used, network conditions, and the amount of data transferred.
That’s How to Transfer All Data from an Old iPhone to a New iPhone. The 2 ways above are considered the easiest way to do it because all features are built-in features. However, there are some users who choose to use other third-party applications to do so. The following are applications that you can use for data transfer/migration.
Please remember, data transfer or migration carried out by third-party applications is only sending your data, not transferring all of your iPhone settings. So pure only file in storage.
How to Transfer All Data from an Old iPhone to a New iPhone With Application
Now, if there were ways from the Apple feature, now Weblogue wants to tell you a different way, namely through an application. For this method, you need to download and install the application first. What are the applications? Listen below, yes.
This AirDrop application is indeed one of the built-in applications from Apple products. However, iPhone users rarely use AirDrop to migrate data with a large enough amount and size. In essence, if old iPhone users don’t have so much data and don’t really care about other settings, you can use this application.
Send Anywhere holds the highest rating for data transfer or migration applications for Apple products, especially the iPhone. Get a score of 4.8 / 5 from thousands of users. The application developed by ESTmob Inc. Implements securities for its users.
Before being able to transfer data, the user must enter an authorization code. This application with the updated version 20.11.4, can be used by all Apple products including iPhone, iPad, MacBook, and iMac.
Share-it is a data transfer or migration application launched in 1998! How old are you? The application developed by Shareit Technology Ltd. This 36.8-megabyte size makes it easy for you to migrate data from your old iPhone to the new iPhone; the system works almost the same as AirDrop; can only transfer data, not your iPhone settings. The data transfer system by Share-It uses wi-fi direct.
The Air Transfer application, which was launched in 2012 by its developer Junsik Choi, makes it easy for you to transfer or migrate data from your iPhone to another iPhone or to your iPad as well as your MacBook with just one step. Just drag it! And can be done without iTunes. Easy right?
For now, Ai Transfer is still using version 1.4.5 and there are no other developments. The size of this application is also not too big, only 12.6 megabytes so it doesn’t take up much space in your storage.
Another application for transferring or migrating data (only) is TrasnferWise. This application was developed by TransferWise LTD with an application size of 83 megabytes. Same as previous applications; TransferWise will make it easier for you to transfer data to all Apple products. Currently, the TransferWise application uses version 6.9.
How to Transfer All Data from an Old iPhone to a New iPhone. Apart from the 2 steps given, the 5 third party applications above are also very helpful. So, don’t be confused anymore! You can do all the methods above easily and quickly even though some of the applications above are paid.