Do you want to tag or mention friends in your photo and video posts? Or want to tag them in the comments? Or tags on Instagram stories? You will find the answer in the complete article on How to Tag Someone on Instagram.
Instagram basically provides a tag feature so you can name anyone in the photo or video. This feature is very useful if you want to connect or interact with other Instagram users.
Almost all the main features of Instagram provide the option to tag or tag. You can tag friends in the comments column, Instagram story, and even in uploaded photos or videos.
You are free to manage who needs to be tagged on your Instagram account. How to? Here is the review below.
How to Tag Someone in an Instagram
There are 2 types of ways to tag photos on Instagram, photos to be uploaded, and photos that have been previously uploaded. Apart from photos, this method also applies to video posts on Instagram.
Instagram Post tags
This method is a way to tag people in the photo or video post that will be uploaded. Make sure you already know the name or username of the Instagram user you want to mention.
How to Tag Someone on Instagram Post:
- Open the Instagram application on your cellphone.
- Then log in using an Instagram account.
- Create a new post and add filters if necessary.
- In the post settings, tap the Tag Person option.
- Tap which part of the photo/video the person wants to tag.
- Type the name of the user you want to tag in the search field.
- You can add multiple tags at this stage.
- If so, press the check icon in the top right corner.
- Now share the post on your Instagram account.
After that, the post will appear on your Instagram profile. When the photo or video post is opened, you can see that the post has someone’s tag.
Uploaded Instagram Post Tags
If you forget that you haven’t tagged a friend in a photo or video that has been uploaded, then you don’t need to worry. Even though the post has been uploaded, you can still add tags or tag people freely.
How to tag posts on Instagram that have been uploaded:
- Enter the Instagram application.
- Then go to your Instagram profile.
- Select the post you want.
- Press the three dots in the upper right corner then select Edit.
- Then select the option Mark Person.
- Tap the part of the photo that you want to tag.
- Search for users by name or username.
- Finally, hit tick to save changes.
This method applies to all posts on your Instagram, be it photos or videos. Just follow the guide above to tag the person in your post as already uploaded.
How to Tag on Instagram Story
Instagram stories or what is more often called Instagram Story is a very popular feature of Instagram. Various interesting features are provided on the Instagram story, and one of them is tagging people in the IG story.
How to tag someone on an Instagram story:
- Run the Instagram application on your cellphone.
- Then create a new story.
- Press the Aa icon at the top.
- Type the username with the @ in front of it.
- Select the Instagram user you want to tagging.
- Now share the Instagram story.
Very easy, right? With just a few steps, you have successfully marked the person you want in the Instagram story that you created.
How to Tag in Instagram Comments
Tags in Instagram comments are often used to notify a post to friends or other Instagram users. Even though it’s actually very easy, some people still don’t know-how.
Here’s how to tag friends on Instagram comments:
- Find the post you want to comment on.
- If so, open the post.
- Then hit the comment icon.
- Type the username with the @ prefix in the front.
- Select your friends or Instagram users who want to be tagged.
- Finally, send the comment.
After you tag Instagram users in the comments column, they will receive a notification that someone mentioned them in the comments of a post.
That’s How to Tag Someone on Instagram Post, Story, and comments that you can try to tag each other to other Instagram users. Hopefully, this article is useful and good luck!