How to Setup an Auto Reply Message in Gmail? in today’s world, when you’re working from home or some of you have to stop working for a while, then creating an autoresponder in email like Gmail is the right move.
The auto reply message you create in your email will serve as an important notification to customers, clients, or associates who try to contact you via email. Luckily, Gmail provides the tools, and it’s also very easy to use.
If you don’t know-how, you can follow this beginner’s guide.
How to Setup a Gmail Auto Reply Message
- Login to your Gmail as usual, then click the gear button on the top right and click Settings.
- In the top menu, you will be in the General menu.
- Still, in the General menu, scroll down and find the Responders on vacation section.
- Click Activate, then set the date of the first day to the date you want the system to work. Then if you want this feature to stop automatically, tick Last date and specify when. Next, fill in the subject and also the message according to the information you want to convey.
- At the bottom, there’s an option Send responses only to people in my contact list if you want the autoresponder to work only for people in contacts.
- Finally, click Save Changes.
How to Create an Auto-Reply in Gmail on Android
- To create an autoresponder in the mobile version of Gmail (the app), open the app as usual then tap the menu button on the left and tap Settings.
- Select an email if there are several installed.
- Tap Vacation Responder.
- Then fill in some information in it. It’s almost the same as on a PC, you have to specify a start date and an end date if you want it to stop automatically. If you want to be active longer, then the last day does not need to be set.
- Also, fill in the subject and message fields. If so, tap Done.
Done, we have completed the guide to creating an autoresponder in the Gmail service using a PC and an Android smartphone.