How To Set Photos As Watch Face On Apple Watch is something new that not many people know about. Moreover, you use portrait photos that can make the appearance of the Apple Watch more elegant and cool.
There are lots of ways to change the look of your Apple Watch and switch to watchOS 8, now you can add pictures taken in Portrait mode for that extra look. Photos Portraits you take with your iPhone create a depth of field effect that blurs the background and focuses more sharply on the foreground subject. When you view this type of image on your Apple Watch, it adds a 3D-like effect when you move your arm.
Your iPhone Phone Must Have a Portrait Mode Camera Feature
First, your phone model must support Portrait mode, which usually includes all your iPhone. For example, phones in the iPhone 13, 12, 11, and X family, as well as the second-generation iPhone SE, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone 7 Plus.
If your phone is eligible, make sure you’re running iOS 15 or higher. You can check it by going to Settings => General => Software Update. From there, you will be notified that the OS is up to date or still needs to download and install the latest updates.
Next, also make sure that your Apple Watch is running watchOS 8 or higher. To do this, go to the Watch App on your iPhone or run the update directly on your watch by opening the Settings app. Then on any of the devices, go to General => Software Update. The app will notify you that your watch is up to date or still needs to install the latest updates.
Apple Watch: How to set photo as watch face
1 Take Portrait Photos
If you don’t have a Portrait photo you want to add to your Apple Watch display, now is the time to take one.
- Open the camera on your phone and change the setting to Portrait Mode.
- In Portrait Mode, you can change the lighting between several styles. Ranging from includes natural light, studio light, contour light, stage light, stage light mono, and high-key mono light.
After taking a photo in Portrait mode, you can further adjust its depth and exposure controls. You can do this in the following way.
- Tap the Portrait photo you’ve taken, then tap Edit at the top.
- Tap the F icon at the top to change the depth control, then move the bottom slider left or right. Moving the slider to the right will increase the depth of field so that the background is in focus. Moving it to the left will reduce the depth of field so the background is out of focus.
- Tap Done to end your editing.
In addition, you can also change the foreground from the background in the Edit mode, the way is:
- Tap the Portrait Lighting button (hexagon icon on the top left).
- Again, move the slider bar to the bottom. Moving it to the right keeps the background sharp. Moving it to the left blurs the background.
- Tap Done.
2 Add Photos to Your Apple Watch
Now it’s time to add your Portrait photo to Apple Watch. From here you have several options. An easy way to find a picture you took in Portrait mode is:
- Open the Photos app, select Albums, and select Portrait Folder as the media type.
- You can then tap the heart icon on each image you want to add to mark it as a favorite.
Another way is to create a Portrait photo album that you want to add to your Apple Watch.
- Go to the Albums page of the Photos app.
- Tap the plus icon (+) and select New Album.
- Name your album and then select the photos you want to add to it.
- Tap Done.
Now it’s time to switch to the Watch App app on your iPhone.
- Under My Apple Watch, tap Photos. Turn on the switch for Photo Sync if it isn’t already on.
- You can also enable the switches for Sync Memory and Sync Featured Photos.
- Then in the Albums section, tap the entry for Sync Albums.
If you’ve marked a Portrait photo as a favorite, tap the Favorites album. If you created a special album for Portraits, tap the name of the album. Back at the bottom of Albums, tap Photo Limit to set the maximum number of photos you’ll sync to your Apple Watch display.
Also Read: How to Save Battery iPhone health
Hopefully, it can be useful for you.