Can WhatsApp messages be sent without typing? Yes, for those of you users of the new Android and iPhone cell phones, you can do it. How to? provides tips on how to send WhatsApp messages without typing on Android and iOS cell phones
How to write a message without typing on WA is actually not too difficult. You only need to configure some settings of your cell phone before you can send WhatsApp messages without having to type.
This feature can come in handy when you don’t have physical access to your Android or iOS device but are nearby. You can also use the voice assistant on your smartphone to read WhatsApp messages.
Actually, this is not a new way. Because the Google Assistant feature has introduced the ability to allow you to send WA messages using your voice since 2015.
In 2016, Apple also brought Siri to the third-party messaging app that WhatsApp took advantage of, shortly after iOS 10 was officially released.
Well, for those of you who are curious, this time we will provide tips on How To Send WhatsApp Messages Without Typing On Android or iPhone. Follow the steps below.
WhatsApp tips and tricks: How to send messages without typing
How to Send WA Messages Without Typing on Android
Before starting with the steps on how to send messages without typing on an Android device, make sure you are using the latest version of WhatsApp.
You should also have the latest version of Google Assistant installed on your phone. To find out, you can check for updates manually from Google Play.
- Open Google Assistant > say “Hey Google” or “OK Google” to activate the voice assistant.
- Then you can say the command “Send a WhatsApp message to …” by saying the name of the person in the contact you want to message.
- Google Assistant will ask for the content of the message you want to send via WhatsApp. You can say the contents of the message to be sent in a clear voice.
- When finished Google will confirm the message will be sent or canceled. If you feel that the message to be sent is appropriate, you can say “OK, send”.
- Then Google Assistant will send your voice message earlier in the form of a text message, without you needing to type on the screen.
It’s important to note that Google Assistant may not ask for your consent to send WA messages, as it can send them directly to contacts you’ve messaged.
Also Read: How to Backup and Restore WhatsApp Messages
How to Send WA Messages Without Typing on iOS
Below are the steps you need to take to start sending WhatsApp messages without typing on iOS. This experience is available to users on iOS 10.3 and up.
- Go to Settings > Siri & Search then turn on listening for “Hey Siri”.
- Scroll down and tap > WhatsApp then enable > Use with Ask Siri to enable Siri integration.
- You can now say “Hey Siri! Send a WhatsApp message to…” followed by the name of the contact you want to message.
- Siri will ask you what you want to send. You can then tell Siri the message you want to send to the contact.
- A preview will appear on your iPhone screen with your message. Siri will also read it for you.
- Then Siri will ask if you are ready to send a message. If you agree with the text, you can say “Yes” to send your message to your contacts via WhatsApp.
If you’re accessing WhatsApp via voice command on your iOS device for the first time, you’ll be asked to allow Siri to access your WhatsApp data.
But please note, sometimes Siri also doesn’t work properly when receiving commands to send WA messages. But Apple’s digital assistant will usually give an “error message” saying, “Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again.”
So, you’ll need to check that first before all goes well, and allow Siri to send your text messages.
Also Read: How to Open Someone WhatsApp in Your Phone
Well, that was the tutorial on how to send WhatsApp messages without the need to type on an Android or iPhone cell phone. It’s very easy. Hopefully useful and good luck.