Currently, Gmail is an application of choice for those of you who want to send and receive messages in the form of Email.
However, from the many advantages of Gmail, there is still a drawback that makes users “unsatisfied” with using Gmail.
One of Gmail’s drawbacks is the limited size of file attachments that can be sent. You can only send attachments with a limit of 25 MB.
Well, here will be discussed How to Send Large Files in Gmail More than 25MB.
To send large files via email is actually very simple. There is a feature on Google called Google Drive. Here we will use this feature to send files over 25MB. Below will explain in detail how.
2 simple ways to send large files via Gmail
How to send large files via Gmail on Mobile
Before sending an email, you go to Google Drive. First, if you don’t have the Google Drive application, please download it to the Playstore first.
So there are two parts here, firstly uploading the large file in the Google Drive application, then sending an email containing the file in the Gmail application.
- Go to the google drive app. Make sure you are logged in here. The login username and password are the same as the Gmail login.
- Tap the “+” sign at the bottom of the google drive page
- Several options will appear, select “upload”.
- You will be taken to the phone storage to select a file, tap on the file to upload
- The upload process is running, wait for it to finish. If it’s finished, it means that the file is already saved on your Google Drive.
If you have already uploaded the file to Google Drive, all you need to do now is open your Gmail app. For those who have two or more emails, make sure that the Gmail account that you use in the Gmail application is the same as the one used on google drive.
- Open your Gmail app
- Tap the “+ icon” at the bottom right of the screen as shown in the image.
- Enter the destination email address, subject, and message body if any
- Next tap the “paper clip icon” as shown below.
- To send the file that we uploaded on Google Drive earlier, select “Insert from Drive”
- You will enter the Google Drive page. Find the file that you uploaded earlier here. Select the file.
- If you have successfully selected the file, the file will be visible at the bottom of the email as shown below.
- When you have finished composing the message and selecting the files to send, tap the “paper airplane icon” to send the email.
- At this point an email message containing a large file attachment should have been sent. The recipient can directly download the file from the email earlier.
How to send large files via Gmail on computer
If the file is on a computer, then you must of course upload and send the file via a computer. The method is not much different, even simpler, because there is no need to install any application. Enough with your browser only.
- Go to the Google Drive page via the link drive.google.com/drive/u/0/my-drive, then log in using your Gmail email address.
- To start uploading files, select the “+ icon” as shown below.
- When you click the “+” icon, a new menu will appear, select “File Upload”
- You will be directly directed to computer storage, find your file storage folder, then select the file you want to send, then click “open”.
- The file will be uploaded, if the size is large enough, usually it will take a little longer. Wait until the upload is complete, don’t close this page until the file is finished uploading.
- If it has been successfully uploaded, the file should be visible in your Google Drive storage as shown below.
The file has been successfully uploaded to Google Drive, then you have to open your Gmail inbox. Google Drive page can be closed.
- Open your Gmail inbox at mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox
- Click “compose”
- An email writing box will appear at the bottom right of the screen. Enter the destination email address, message subject, and message body if any.
- To send the file that you uploaded to Google Drive earlier, select the “Google drive” icon as shown below.
- You will be taken to the file selection box on Google Drive. Select the file you uploaded earlier.
- The file you selected will appear in the message writing box as shown below.
- If you have successfully attached the file, the destination address and subject have been filled in, you can send it by clicking the “Send” button.
- An email message containing a large file attachment has been sent.
That’s How to Send Large Files in Gmail More than 25MB. If there is something you want to ask, please send it in the comments column. That is all and thank you.