In this day and age, we often encounter QR codes and barcodes in various places. But have you ever thought about How to Scan a QR Code on Android Phone?
The answer is yes. You can interpret QR codes or barcodes with just your Android smartphone. In fact, it’s so easy, there are various types of method options that you can try to scan barcodes and QR codes.
In the past, maybe we often found QR codes and barcodes only on the back of a product’s packaging. But over time, QR codes and barcodes are also used in applications on smartphones.
If you are curious, what is behind a QR code or a barcode. You can now scan barcodes and QR codes yourself easily and just use an Android phone.
How to Scan QR Codes with Android
Google lens is a built-in feature of Android phones that you can also use to scan QR codes or barcodes easily and quickly. You can find this feature in the Google Assistant feature on your Android.
Also Read: How to Create a QR Code for a Location
How to scan barcodes and QR codes on an Android phone without an application:
- Enter Google Assistant by pressing the Home button.
- Then tap the Google lens feature.
- Point your cellphone camera at the barcode or QR code.
- Then a small circle will appear on the barcode or QR code.
- Tap the circle icon.
- The information from the QR code or barcode will appear.
Now you have successfully scanned the QR code or barcode yourself on your Android phone. After that, you can also copy the text or directly visit the link from the scanned QR code or barcode.
QR & Barcode Scanner
QR & Barcode Scanner is an application on Android phones that is quite popular for scanning QR codes and barcode itself. This application has been installed by more than 100 million users around the world.
Here’s how to scan your own barcode on an Android phone:
- Install the QR & Barcode Scanner application via the playstore.
- Then open the application.
- On the Scan menu, point the camera at the QR code or barcode.
- This application immediately performs scanning.
- No need to wait a long time, the QR code or barcode has been successfully detected.
This application is quite light because its size is not too big. Even so, this application is capable of scanning all types of QR codes/text barcodes, links, products, contacts, calendars, e-mails, locations, coupons or vouchers, and others.
QR Code Reader
The next way to scan barcodes and QR codes is to use the help of the QR Code Reader application. Apart from being used for scanning, this application can also create your own QR code and barcode using only an Android cellphone.
How to scan barcodes and QR codes using an Android phone:
- Install the QR Code Reader application first.
- Once installed, open the application.
- You only need to point your cellphone camera at the barcode or QR.
- Then the results of your barcode or QR scan will appear.
This application has a feature to create your own QR code and barcode and view your scan history. You can also scan barcodes and QR codes by taking a picture from the gallery.
How to Scan QR Code Without Camera
For the last method, you don’t need an application that needs to be installed on your cellphone first. You can even scan barcodes without the need for a camera on your Android phone.
Follow the steps below:
- Open a web browser like google chrome or opera.
- Then visit the following website onlinebarcodereader.com
- Press Upload file then select your barcode or QR image.
- Then press the Start button.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Finally, you will be directed to the barcode or QR scan results.
Apart from going through the gallery or image storage, you can also retrieve a QR code or barcode to be scanned via a link. So, just enter your barcode or QR image link then click the start button to scan.
That’s How to Scan a QR Code on Android Phone. This method can be used on all HP brands such as Samsung, Asus, Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, Huawei, and others.