Deleting personal data on Android is the way to go before selling your smartphone. Don’t let your data be “stuck” in the cellphone after it reaches the buyer’s hands.
Moving or deleting data is the first thing that everyone does before selling their favorite smartphone. However, not everyone really knows how to do it.
Buying and selling cell phones has become a common thing in society. Usually, sales occur offline in retail stores or online through e-commerce. But you can’t just sell your phone for granted.
It must be checked first, such as the condition of the hardware and software as well as the condition of the data on the cellphone. You must wipe the data on your phone before selling it online or offline.
Deleting data on an Android smartphone is very important before the phone is sold to someone else. By deleting the remaining data, your privacy can be better protected from irresponsible people.
For that, we will provide complete information on How To Safely Delete Data From Android Phone. Let’s see!
How To Wipe & Secure Your Android Phone
Before deleting all data on Android, it’s a good idea to do some processes first. For example, backing up data, removing the SIM card, and so on.
The following is a complete guide to the steps you must take to delete data on an Android phone:
1. Android Phone Data Backup
The first way before deleting data on Android is to back up first. The goal, to that all your data can be transferred to a new smartphone.
- Go to Settings or Settings.
- Select Additional Settings or Additional Settings. Then, select Backup and Reset.
- Turn on the Backup my data and Automatic Restore features. Then, log in to your Google account to back up.
- Click Backup and Restore.
- Click New Backup and select the data you want to save.
- Click Start and wait for the backup process to complete.
2. Back-Up and Delete Chat Apps
Then, don’t forget to back up WhatsApp chats and other chat applications. The method is also very easy, here are the steps:
- Enter WhatsApp, and select Settings or Settings.
- Select Chats and Chat Backup.
- Select the Google Drive account to which you want to back up your data and click Backup.
- Wait a few moments until the backup is successful.
- After that, please delete the WhatsApp application. The trick is to open the Google Play Store, type WhatsApp, and select Uninstall.
- WhatsApp has also been successfully deleted from your phone.
3. How to Delete Android Phone Data
If you have done the two methods above, now is the time to delete the data on your Android phone. In creating this tutorial, we used the Realme X with ColorOS as an example device. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings or Settings.
- Select Additional Settings or Additional Settings. Then select Back up and Reset or Backup and Reset.
- Select Reset to factory settings and wait a while until the phone data is successfully erased.
4. Removing the SIM Card and Micro SD
Finally, remove the SIM card and microSD if any. The method is very easy, here are the correct steps:
- Press and hold the power button and select Shutdown or Power Off.
- Remove the SIM and microSD card. In general, the SIM card slot is on the left or right. Especially for flagship phones, it is usually located at the bottom of the smartphone.
- Put the SIM and microSD card slots back into place.
Those were the steps that must be taken to delete data on Android before you intend to sell it. Hopefully, this information is useful, and good luck trying it, friend!