When your iPhone is damaged or starts to slow down, the solution is to reset the iPhone so you can restore the iPhone’s performance to normal. Even if the iPhone is locked, you can still reset your device.
But what you need to know, a reset iPhone will return it to its original settings. Generally, people call it factory settings which means making the iPhone back like new.
So that means all data on the iPhone will be erased too. If you don’t want to lose data on your iPhone, then it’s a good idea to back up your data first before resetting your iPhone.
Because when the iPhone is reset, all stored data will be deleted permanently and cannot be restored. So, make sure to back up files or back up important data.
How To Reset iPhone & iPad: Wipe Device To Factory Settings
How to Hard Reset iPhone
Hard reset is restoring iPhone settings to factory settings. As mentioned above, make sure to back up files first so you don’t lose important files on your iPhone.
How to reset a locked iPhone:
- Access the Settings menu on the iPhone device.
- Then enter the General menu.
- After that, select the General option then Reset.
- Then tap the Erase All Content and Settings option.
- You will be shown a warning regarding data being deleted.
- Tap the Erase iPhone option to agree.
- Enter your apple id for verification.
Wait until all iPhone data and settings are deleted.
Very easy right? After the iPhone device is back on as new, you can restore a copy of the data that you backed up previously.
How to Reset iPhone With iTunes
iTunes is one of the official software or manufacturers of Apple products. This method is also classified as easier to use because it can be used for all Apple products.
How to reset a forgotten iPhone password:
- Open iTunes on PC, Computer, Mac, or Laptop.
- Connect the iPhone device using a data cable.
- Once connected, enter the device password according to the guide.
- On the iTunes home page, select the type of device to reset.
- Then select the option Restore iPhone.
- Click Restore to continue and agree.
- Now just wait for the iPhone to reboot.
How to Soft Reset iPhone
A soft reset won’t erase data on your iPhone. Because basically, a soft reset is restarting or rebooting the iPhone, of course, without requiring iTunes or iCloud.
Also Read: How to Track a Lost iPhone, Fast and Easy
Here are the steps:
- Press the home button and sleep simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- Let go when the iPhone screen starts turning black.
- Then the Apple logo will appear on the screen.
- At this stage, you only need to wait for the restart to complete.
- If the iPhone is active again, it means you have successfully done it.
This method is very effective for iPhone users who experience errors or the device doesn’t respond because it hangs. That way, you don’t have to worry anymore when your iPhone suddenly has a problem.
Reset iPhone 4, 5, 6 Series
Reset iPhone in series 4, 5, and 6 has a slightly different way. If you don’t know it, here are the steps below.
- Press the home and power buttons simultaneously for a few moments.
- When the screen turns off, release the button.
- Let stand and wait a few seconds.
- The iPhone will come back to life with the Apple logo on the screen.
- Let the iPhone start the boot process.
- Wait until the reset notification or boot has finished.
Reset iPhone 7 Series
As the iPhone series increases, the more noticeable the differences in the steps to reset it will be. In the iPhone 7 series, you can reset by following the guide below.
- Press and hold the power button.
- Then followed by pressing the volume down button.
- Make sure to keep pressing both buttons.
- Wait for the Apple logo to appear on the screen.
- After that release the button.
- Now let the iPhone complete the reset process.
Reset iPhone 8, 9, X, 11 Series
iPhone 8, 9, and X products will boot or restart the same way. Even though it is quite different in terms of appearance, it is the same if you want to reset.
How to reset iPhone 8, 9, X, 11 series:
- Make sure the iPhone device is active.
- Press the volume up button first.
- Then press the volume down button.
- Then followed by pressing the power button.
- Make sure to keep pressing the 3 buttons simultaneously.
- Wait for the reset and boot process to run.
- Reset iPhone is indicated by the appearance of the apple logo.
So, those are some of how to reset iPhone that can be the best solution for you to solve serious problems such as forgotten passwords and locks. Now you can reset your iPhone to return to factory settings like new.