As humans, it’s natural that sometimes we forget the Gmail password that we have, but don’t worry because you can still access your Gmail account by restoring or resetting the Gmail account password that you have.
There are actually several ways to do a password reset, namely by using a cell phone number, recovery email, and answering security questions.
Now what I’m going to discuss now is resetting your password using a recovery email, to reset your password with a recovery email, the condition is that you’ve added a recovery email address to your Gmail account.
One of the benefits of adding a recovery email address and verifying your cell phone number in your Google account is that it comes in handy when you forget your password and need to reset or replace your password with a new one.
How to Reset Gmail Password Using Recovery Email
Reset password using self-recovery email is one of the facilities provided by Google for Gmail users who forget their email password. With this Facility, you will receive a verification code via recovery email to change your Gmail password.
The advantage of using a recovery email is that you only need to use one computer or PC. No need to use other tools such as cell phones or smartphones. However, this method is a bit more complicated than the other methods. However, I’ll explain to you how to do it:
- The first step is to go to the main Gmail page (mail.google.com).
- Then try to log into your Gmail account. Fill in your email name and click next.
- Do as you normally log into your Gmail account. When the password or password field appears, click forgot password.
- Then a page will appear where you will be asked to fill in the last password you remember. This is because Gmail has a good account security system. Goggle thinks it’s possible that you forgot your password because you just changed your password in the near future.
- Since you want to use recovery email to reset your Gmail password, then click Try another way or try another way. It’s in the lower-left corner of the login page dialog box.
- Next, a recovery will appear using your cell phone number. If you already have a cell phone number that you registered with your Gmail, the cell phone number will automatically be listed on this page. However, the cell phone number will not be seen all, but only the last two digits. You can receive a verification code via message if you choose this menu.
- Now to reset the password using the recovery email, click tries another way once again. Do it until you get to the recovery page using email.
- On the recovery page using email, you will be asked to fill in your recovery email address. Make sure the email is an email address that you can check immediately. Because later the Gmail system will send a verification code to that email address.
- You can use your own email address or use your friend’s email address. The most important thing is that you can check the email right away. The verification code will be sent immediately, in less than a minute the recovery email will receive a verification code from Google. So, it’s useless if you can’t directly check the code.
- Open the recovery account email account whose address you entered in the previous step. In that email, you will receive an incoming letter containing a verification code that you must enter into the verification code field that is already available.
- The verification code usually contains a six-digit number. The verification code looks striking with the largest and boldest font. So you will find it quickly.
- Then return to the password reset page. Enter the code into the column provided. The column is located right under your recovery Gmail name.
- Make sure the verification code you enter is exactly the same as the one received in the recovery email. If it is not the same then you will not be able to enter the next stage. After entering the verification code, just click next or continue in the lower right corner.
- Next, we will be asked to enter a new password that we want to use. The requirement is a minimum of eight words. Can use a combination of letters and numbers. After that, don’t forget to click on change password which is located at the bottom left of the page.
- You will receive a confirmation email from Google that your email password has been changed. Now you are ready to use your Gmail as usual. Good luck.
Now that’s the way you can use to reset your Gmail account password using a recovery email.
It’s important for you to remember, after you change your password, it’s a good idea to remember it. Let’s not have to mutually change passwords again.