How to Report an Instagram Account – If you have ever come across an IG spam account, online shop fraud, or a fake account that is very annoying when you play Instagram, you must immediately report that account so that it will be banned by Instagram.
The reason is, the Instagram team itself continues to strive to delete all fake and spam accounts on IG. Therefore, if you yourself often see Instagram accounts that look like spam accounts, you must report the account.
In addition, sometimes there are also fake accounts on Instagram that use photos and videos of other people to falsify data and even commit fraud. That is the reason why you should also participate in efforts to eliminate fake and spam accounts on Instagram.
Instagram itself also provides a feature to report or report photo and video submissions, profiles, and IG accounts that are not in accordance with Instagram policies.
You can also use the report feature to report spam posts or accounts that make you annoyed or even uncomfortable using Instagram social media.
How to Report a Post or Profile for Abuse or Spam
What you need to pay attention to before implementing how to report or report spam and fake accounts on Instagram is that you must have a strong basis and reason for reporting the account.
Because when you just report an Instagram account without clear evidence and reasons, then your own IG account will be at risk of being banned.
You have to determine whether the post or account is disturbing someone or not. For example, giving spam comments, a large number of consecutive likes, fake accounts, and so on.
Report Spam & Fake Posts on Instagram
In this case, it is to report a spam submission which is annoying you. Or report posts that violate Instagram policies such as doing forgery, have elements that violate norms, and so on.
Here’s how to report spam and fake Instagram posts:
- Tap on the dot icon at the end of the IG post
- Then select the option Report.
- If it has elements of spam, select the option This is Spam.
- Meanwhile, if other elements, select the option This is inappropriate.
- If you choose inappropriately, you must choose the option that matches the problem of the posting.
After that, Instagram will check whether the post you reported is true or not. If it is true, the post will automatically be deleted by Instagram.
Now, you understand how to report or report annoying Instagram posts. Well, if your problem is to report a fake or spam Instagram account then please go to the next method below.
How to Report a Fake Account to Instagram
The next way to report an Instagram account is for fake and spam Instagram accounts. If you have seen fake Instagram accounts that use names, photos, videos, and information similar to yours. So, you must immediately report the account so that it is deleted or banned by Instagram.
Tutorial on How to Report an Instagram Account to be deleted:
- Visit the profile of the Instagram account that you want to report.
- Please tap the dot icon in the upper right corner.
- Then select the option Report.
- If indeed the IG account is fake, select the option This is inappropriate.
- Select I believe that this account violates Instagram community guidelines.
- Select the Report account.
- Then select This profile pretending to be someone else.
- If the fake IG account is faking yourself, select Me.
Then wait for Instagram to check your report on the IG account. This method is quite effective for reporting Instagram accounts such as online shop scams and fake accounts.
How to Report a Spam Account on Instagram
The third case is if your post contains spam comments such as promotions or selling products that are annoying and have nothing to do with the post.
Or you can even report comments that violate norms such as expressions of hatred, harassment, containing adult elements, and so on.
Here’s how to report comments on Instagram to get banned:
- Open the post from the comment that you want to report.
- Then select the comments you want.
- Hit the exclamation point at the top right.
- Select Spam if the comment is indeed spam.
- Or select the violating content if the comment is annoying because it contains something else.
If the comments on your posts have a lot of spam, so you can’t report them individually. So you are advised to use the comment block feature on Instagram so that it can be deleted automatically.
Do not hesitate to report or report IG accounts that are spam, fake, or violate policies so that they are immediately removed or banned by Instagram.
Also Read: 7 Hidden Instagram Hacks, Tips, and Features
That’s How to Report an Instagram Account starting from spam and fake posts, accounts, and comments that disturb you in playing IG. Good luck!