It seems that almost every PC or laptop user needs Microsoft Office. The office is a program that can help to simplify work or tasks, both in terms of ordinary typing, calculations, to presentations.
There are many programs offered by Microsoft Office, one of which is Microsoft Word. It cannot be denied that Word is in need, both among students and workers. But unfortunately, when we write in Word, sometimes a red line appears.
There are some people who find it unobtrusive, but others are annoyed by the presence of a red line in Word. For that reason, Weblogue will provide an easy tutorial for how to remove red lines in Word.
With just a few steps, the red line in Word will disappear automatically. Want to know How to Remove Red Underline in Word easily and quickly? Just follow the tutorial below, OK!
How to Remove Red Underline in Word
Before entering the stage on how to remove red lines in Word, you must first know the type of Microsoft Word that is used on your PC / laptop. This is because Word 2016 users with Word 2003, 2007, and 2010 will have different steps. To find out how to get rid of red lines in Word 2016, 2003, 2007, and 2010, then you can see the following method.
Remove Red Lines in Word 2016
Word 2016 users can easily get rid of red lines in Word. You just need to follow these few steps:
- 1. Open the Word document for which you want to remove the red line. Then, click on File in the upper right corner.
- After that, several menu options will appear. Well, here you only need to click on the Options menu at the very bottom.
- If so, the options window you selected will appear. Now, you can immediately click the Proofing menu.
- Next, in this proofing window, you can immediately set the red line in Word to disappear by removing the checklist in the Check Spelling as You Typesetting. Additional information, to remove the green line, remove the checklist in the Mark grammar errors as you type section.
- Finally, now you can immediately click OK to save the results of the settings that you have changed.
Done, now all red lines in your Word will be removed automatically. Peru is also known, when you set the red line to remove in Word, all Word documents opened on your PC / laptop will not appear red lines. How, very easy and simple, right?
How to Remove Red Underline in Word 2010, 2007, 2003
It’s not just Word 2016 that can remove red lines so easily. This is because Word 2003, 2007, and 2010 users can get rid of red lines easily and quickly, only the steps are different. Want to know How to Remove Red Underline in Word 2010, 2007, 2003? Come on, follow the instructions below:
- As usual, you can open any Word document for which you want to remove the red line. The next step is to press or click the Office Button in the upper left corner.
- After that, an Office window with several menus appears. For how to get rid of the red line in Word, you can just select it and click Word Options.
- Next, you can immediately select Proofing. Then, several options for setting appear, nowhere you can immediately clear the checklist on the Check spelling as you type and grammar errors as you type options. If so, finally you can immediately click OK to save the changed settings.
Done, all Word documents opened on your PC / laptop will no longer appear red lines. Basically, both Word 2016 and other Word have the same way of placing a different menu. So, have you managed to remove red underline in Word with the tutorial above?
By the way, additional information, when you remove the checklist in the “Grammar errors as you type” section, it means that you are also removing the green line in Word, yes. This also applies to every version of Microsoft Word, whether Word 2016, 2003, 2007, or 2010.
What do red wavy lines mean on Microsoft Word
Have you ever been curious about the purpose and purpose of the red lines in Word? Actually, Micorosft Word itself makes it easier for loyal users with various tools and symbols or markers in Word, one of which is a red line symbol or mark that appears in your Word document.
The purpose of holding the red line in Word is, as a sign when you experience a typing error. Every word you write in Word, this program will automatically check your writing accuracy at the same time.
For example, when you type a word wrong, Word will automatically display a red line at the bottom of each mistyped word. That way, the presence of a red line in Word can minimize typing errors.
But unfortunately, this check can be done just like when you set your Word region. For example, if you set the US regional alias in English, then this Microsoft Word program automatically corrects only English words.
Therefore, when you write in all other languages, even every word you write will appear a red line at the bottom of each word. This indicates that the regional settings in your Word may be in English instead of the other language.
What do Green lines mean on Microsoft Word
Not only red lines, because in Word also often appear green lines. Now, if the red line corrects errors in typing or writing, then this green color is presented to correct incorrect grammar when you type.
Of course, with the green line, it will make it easier for you to find out the grammar that is not right in writing English documents. So you don’t have to bother double-checking grammar, just let Word correct it for you.
Also Read: How to Take a Screenshot on a Laptop or PC
It’s finished our discussion this time on How to Remove Red Underline in Word. Apart from getting rid of the red lines in Word, you can also remove the green lines. In fact, now you also know the purpose and purpose of the red and green lines.