How to Recover Permanently Deleted Emails from Gmail? Like on a computer, in Gmail it turns out that there is a function similar to the recycle bin, namely the function of the “trash” box. Where the function of this “trash” box is to accommodate email messages that we delete, such as the “recycle bin” on the computer that can accommodate deleted files.
In the “junk” box, deleted emails will last for 30 days before being permanently deleted by the system. This is so that emails that are accidentally deleted can be recovered easily.
Here we will discuss it.
Here the author uses the Gmail application on a smartphone, if you use a computer and a browser, the method is almost the same, the difference is only in terms of appearance and the position of the menu.
Ok just go ahead.
How to Recover Deleted Emails From Gmail
- Open the Gmail application on your phone.
- In the main view of the Gmail application, tap the “three-line icon” in the upper left corner. After that, a window will appear on the left with many menu options, scroll down and look for the “Trash” menu. Select and enter the “Trash” menu.
- After that you will be taken to the “garbage” page as below. Here you will see all the email messages that you have deleted. Whether it’s intentionally deleted, or accidentally deleted. Find the email message that you want to return to the main inbox, then press and hold the email message. After you press and hold, a blue checkmark will appear next to the message.
- After that, tap the three-dot icon in the upper right corner, then select the “Move to” menu.
- After that will appear settings “move to” as below. Here there are three options for moving email from the “junk” box earlier. Just select “Primary” to move the email to the main inbox.
- If it has been successfully transferred, a notice will appear at the bottom explaining that the email has been successfully transferred. You can also undo it, to cancel it.
- Done. At this point, the deleted email messages have been returned to your main inbox.
To check it, you can enter the main inbox in the following way. You can see that the email that was previously in the trash is already in the inbox again.
The above method actually does not need to be taught if you are already familiar with using computers and the internet world. It is still discussed here because not all Gmail email users are technology literate people. Some are still teenagers or parents who are not good at using the internet.
The above feature is important because we often accidentally delete certain email messages.
So what if the email message has been permanently deleted from the trash?
This is an important question. Some of us may unknowingly delete the message, then only remember to look for it after more than 30 days. It turns out that the message is no longer in the trash because the system has deleted it automatically.
If this is the case, as far as the author knows, the message cannot be returned. Unless you have offline backups.
So there really isn’t a way to recover deleted email messages from the trash.
Alternatively, if we know the sender, we can ask for a copy of the email. The sender of the email can easily forward the copy of the old email you need from their inbox.
What do you think about this feature? What do you think for cases like the one above, where the message has been permanently deleted, is there an alternative solution for this?
If anyone has a more powerful alternative solution, you can add it in the comments column below.
Also Read: How To Delete All Gmail Messages At Once
Maybe that’s the discussion of How to Recover Permanently Deleted Emails from Gmail. Good Luck.