Forgetting your own Gmail password is very annoying, but you don’t need to worry if you experience this problem. Because Google has provided a feature to reset passwords through three different methods.
Gmail is very popular as an email sending and receiving service, Google is constantly working to make its users comfortable. That is the reason why Google provides a password reset feature as a solution for Gmail users who forget their password.
You can use How to Recover Gmail Password. So, you don’t need to worry if your Gmail account is lost, forgot your password, or is taken by someone who is not responsible.
How To Recover Forgotten Gmail Password
The method described below requires a browser only. You can use a browser like google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, safari, opera, or others.
So, you can use any device be it an Android cellphone, an iPhone, or a laptop. The most important thing is to make sure you are connected to the internet network.
How to Recover Gmail Password With Mobile Number
The first method is the simplest. You only need to prepare the cellphone number that you have registered with your Gmail account. This cellphone number can be used to reset the Gmail password in just a few steps.
How to reset Gmail password with cellphone number:
- Visit the google account recovery page.
- Type your email and then click the Next button.
- You will be directed to the last password page.
- Click the Try another method option.
- Enter your cellphone number then click the Send message button.
- Check incoming messages on your cellphone number.
- Enter the appropriate verification code in the message.
- Then click the Next button.
- Finally, enter the new password you want.
Congratulations you have changed the password using the cellphone number. By using this method, you can easily deal with a forgotten Gmail account password.
Using Recovery Email
Have you forgotten your Gmail password? But the registered cellphone number is no longer active? Take it easy, Gmail also provides an option to recover a forgotten Gmail account password using a recovery email address.
How to solve forgotten Gmail password whose cellphone number is no longer active:
- Go to the Google account recovery page via browser.
- Type your Gmail email then click Next.
- Click the Try another method option until the Recovery email option appears.
- Then enter your recovery email.
- Click the Send button to go to the next stage.
- Please check the Google Verification Code mail that is entered in your recovery email.
- Return to the google account recovery page, then enter the 6 verification code then click Next.
- Now fill in the new password you want.
Now your Gmail account has changed the password to the password you just entered. To use this method, make sure you can still log in to your recovery email.
How to Recover Gmail Password Without Phone Number and Recovery Email
The third method is if you cannot access the recovery email and your cellphone number is also no longer active. This option only applies if you have a security question added to your Gmail account.
How to Recover a Forgotten Gmail Password:
- Go to the Google account recovery page through an HP or PC browser.
- Type your Gmail email.
- Then click the Next button.
- Enter the last password used.
- Click the Try another method option until it displays Security Questions.
- Type the answer to your security question.
- Next, determine when your Gmail account was created.
- If your answer is correct, then you will be prompted to fill in the new password that you will use.
After that, the Gmail password will be changed to a new password. Now you have successfully restored the forgotten Gmail account password.
If the three methods above still can’t restore your Gmail account that forgot your password. Maybe you can try this alternative way to solve it.
However, this alternative method has a condition, namely that you must have an Android device that is connected to the Gmail account. These conditions must be met in order to restore your Gmail account.
Gmail accounts that are still connected on an Android device will usually provide options like the image below when you are on the Google account recovery page.
Just follow the given guide, then enter the code into the field provided on the recovery page. If successful, then you will be given fields to fill in a new password for your Gmail account.
Well, that’s How to Recover Gmail Password Without Phone Number and Recovery Email, and via a connected Android device.