Instagram presents the Recently Deleted feature that its users have been waiting for. This feature allows users to restore posts they deleted.
With the presence of the Recently Deleted feature, all photos, videos, IGTV, Reels, and Stories that you delete are not permanently deleted, but put in the “Recently deleted” folder.
Deleted stories will be stored in the folder for 24 hours. Meanwhile, for other posts such as Reels, photos and videos will be stored for up to 30 days. As long as the post is still stored in the “Recently deleted” folder, the post can still be restored.
Information on how to restore this post will appear every time you delete a post. That way, you will have no more trouble recovering posts that you accidentally deleted.
Also Read: How to Make Reels on Instagram for Beginners
But if you are still confused about how to recover deleted Instagram posts, then you can follow the steps I have discussed below.
How to Restore Recently Deleted Instagram Posts
To restore deleted posts, open Instagram and follow these steps.
- Tap the profile photo at the bottom right.
- Tap the “Hamburger” icon at the top right.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Tap “Account”.
- Scroll down and tap “Recently deleted”.
- Tap the post you want to restore. (To restore Reel, IGTV, or Story, first tap one of the icons that I marked in the following image.)
- Tap the three-dot icon at the top right. (For Stories, IGTV or Reels, you can find them on the bottom right or bottom left.)
- Select “Restore”.
- Tap “Restore” again.
- Done. Next, tap “View on Profile” to return to the Profile page.
That’s the way to restore deleted posts on Instagram. After performing the steps above, you will find the post you returned on the Profile page.
If the post doesn’t exist, wait a moment or remove the Instagram first. After that, log back into Instagram and go to the Profile page.