This fantastic number of Instagram users turns out to open a gap for irresponsible parties to appear, which we usually know as hackers. It’s no wonder that nowadays many people are looking for ways to restore my hacked Instagram account and also how to prevent hacking.
For that, you need to learn about How to Recover a Hacked Instagram Account fast from scratch.
Then, what if your Instagram account has been hacked by an irresponsible person? Here are some steps you can also take to restore a hacked account:
What to Do When Your Instagram Account Is Hacked
- The first way you can do as an attempt to restore your Instagram account is to report it to Instagram.
- Access the help.instagram.com page
- Select the menu Privacy & Safety – Report Something – Hacked Account – I Think my account has been hacked – Report it to us.
How to Recover a Hacked Instagram Account Fast With the Impersonation Account menu
- If the hack level has exceeded the normal limit, you can select the Impersonation Account menu. Usually, there will be a form that you need to fill out from Instagram.
- The steps you can take are the same as the first method, only this time you have to select the Impersonation Account menu to report that your account has been taken over by someone else.
- After reporting, your Instagram account will be temporarily lost
After reporting, Instagram will temporarily delete your account. But you don’t need to worry, this is indeed a step from Instagram to ensure that there is indeed a burglary against your account. Then, when your account name can’t be found, don’t try to register again on Instagram using the same account name.
The reason is, it can actually make Instagram confused and think as if you are the one who hacked your own Instagram.
- Always check email
Instagram will provide instructions via email such as writing the account name and full name and secret code on white paper and taking a photo of the face and white paper together to verify that the account is real.
Well, here are some tips to protect your Instagram account from hackers:
- The first thing you should do to keep your account secure is to change your Instagram account from public to private. You can do this by clicking on the profile page – swipe left – select Settings – click “Privacy and Security” – select “Account Privacy” – activate “Private Account” select on.
- Furthermore, after enabling private mode, you can also use the “two-factor authentication” method to provide double security for your account. This two-factor authentication allows you to secure your Instagram account via short messages such as SMS.
- The trick is to select settings – “Privacy and Security” – click “Two-Factor Authentication” – “Get Started” – select “Text Message” so you don’t need to download another authentication application – then enter your mobile number. This way, you can find out if someone is trying to log into your Instagram account.
- Then, the next step that is no less important that you should also pay attention to is the level of difficulty in creating an Instagram password. The harder the Instagram password you create, the less risk your Instagram account will be hacked. Select the settings menu – click “Security” – select “Password”.
In addition to the 3 methods above, there are several other important things that you should also pay attention to. One of them is to always log out after logging in to an Instagram account on a device that is not yours, the goal is that your account is not easily accessed by others.
In addition, when you log in on another device that is not yours, never choose the save email and password menu that is offered when you log in for the first time via another device.
Then, avoid using Instagram account logins through websites that are not clear because they can steal all your data.
With the methods described above, the chances of hackers breaking into your Instagram account are very small. So, the Instagram account is much safer because you have taken preventive measures from the start.