You can record Zoom Meetings using your PC or mobile phone. This is usually to document the virtual activities that you do, then you can re-enter your Youtube account.
Since the pandemic, virtual activities have taken the stage for most of the day-to-day work tasks. Such as presentations, discussions, conferences, schools, colleges, and others. You can also use other software services such as Google Meet, Microsoft Teams for your virtual activity needs. Even during the 2020 pandemic, Zoom Meeting has become the most popular newcomer application to date. And this application is the most widely used application globally as well as in India.
While it allows you to hold a meeting or join a meeting with just a few clicks, this Zoom also lets you schedule meetings on a regular basis. Thanks to the cross-platform availability of the Zoom app, users can use the app via PC, Android, and iOS as well.
Well, in this guide I will provide detailed step by step to record zoom meetings via your PC or mobile. In addition, you can also activate or deactivate the recording feature before you use it.
How to Record a meeting in Zoom
How to Record Zoom Meetings on PC
- Once you’re in a meeting, find the menu bar at the bottom of the screen. Then click the “Record” button next to the Share screen button.
- Once you click the record button, Zoom will start recording the meeting and notify everyone that the meeting is being recorded.
- While recording, you can pause by using the “
- Pause” is located on the left and resume recording by clicking on the same area.
- To stop recording, you can press the “Stop Recording” button (Box button on the right).
- After you stop the recording and the meeting ends, the recording will be converted to MP4 format. And once you end the meeting, you’ll be automatically taken to the destination where you’ve saved the recording.
Also Read: How To Turn Yourself Into A Cartoon In Zoom
By default, the recording will be saved automatically in the Documents section of the desktop with a folder named “Zoom” and a separate folder for each meeting recording with a meeting ID.
How to Record a Zoom Meeting Using a Mobile Phone
The recording option on Android and iOS devices is only available to licensed users. In other words, you can only record meetings on your phone if you have a paid Zoom plan. If you’re a Zoom Pro, Zoom Business, Zoom Enterprise member and you’re hosting or co-hosting a meeting, here’s how to record a Zoom meeting using a mobile device.
- On an Android phone, while having a Zoom meeting, tap more.
- Then you will see a red button which is the “Record” button.
- Click the “Record” button. So, the app will now show the recording at the top of your screen.
- You can then stop or pause the recording whenever you want. And once you end the meeting, the recording will be processed and appear under Recordings in the Zoom web portal.
How to Enable or Disable Zoom Meeting Recording
As a user, you can also enable or disable Zoom meeting recording for your own use. Here’s how you can do it in a few steps.
- Log in to the Zoom Meeting Web portal.
- Go to “Settings” on the left sidebar.
- Click the “Recording” tab on the main screen.
- Click the Local recordings switch to enable or disable the feature.
- If the setting is Off, click the switch to enable it. (If a verification dialog appears, click Turn on to verify the changes you have made).
However, if the option is grayed out and you can’t activate it, it means the recording feature has been locked for either the group or account. And you need to contact your Zoom admin to change the settings. Also, you can enable “The host can give meeting participants permission to record locally”.