You will often encounter RAR and ZIP files when downloading large files. Because RAR and ZIP are compressed files that are very popular today. However, do you know how to open RAR and ZIP files on an Android phone?
With RAR and ZIP, files that are large and have lots of files in them will be tidier. Because all existing files will be combined into one file, namely RAR or ZIP.
In addition, inserting the file into RAR or ZIP will make the size smaller than the original. This is of course very useful if you want to share files via upload services or send files via email.
How to Open RAR and ZIP Files on Android
To open and extract ZIP and RAR files on a Windows PC, you must install the WinRAR application. After that, you can simply click on the RAR or ZIP file you want to open and extract.
Then what if you use an Android cellphone? You don’t have to worry. Opening RAR files on an Android cellphone is also very easy, there are even several choices of methods that you can use, from without an application to using an application.
Open RAR Without Application
The file manager application on most Android phones now provides ZIP and RAR openings. So, you can actually extract RAR and ZIP files without using the help of third-party applications. One of them is the existing file manager on Xiaomi’s Android phone.
How to open RAR files on Xiaomi cellphones:
- Open File Manager on Xiaomi HP.
- Then find the RAR or ZIP file you want to open.
- After you find it, press the RAR or ZIP file.
- Select the Extract here or Extract files to option.
- Wait for the extract file process to complete.
- Now you can view RAR and ZIP files on Android.
Extract here is to extract all files in the RAR or ZIP file to the same folder.
Extracting files to is extracting all files in the RAR or ZIP file to a destination folder that you can freely set yourself.
RAR by RARLAB
Rarlab is an application launched by RARLAB which is intended to easily open, extract and create RAR and ZIP files on Android phones.
How to open RAR files on an android phone:
- Install the RAR application via google playstore.
- If it is installed then open the application.
- Then find your RAR or ZIP file.
- Place a check in the box on the file.
- Then tap the extract icon at the top.
- Determine the location of the file to extract.
- Press OK then wait for the extract process to complete.
This application is quite popular and has been installed more than 100 million times by Android cellphone users. In addition, this application also supports RAR, ZIP, TAR, GZ, BZ2, XZ, 7z, ISO, and ARJ files and opens files that have passwords.
Extract RAR & ZIP File Opener
The next application is an application that is powerful enough to open RAR and ZIP files easily. In addition, this application also offers a file manager feature that can be used to manage files on your Android phone.
How to open RAR / ZIP files on an android phone:
- Install the RAR Extract & ZIP File Opener application.
- Then open the application.
- Find the RAR or ZIP file to open.
- Press the file then extract it.
- Choose a location to extract the files.
- You just have to wait for the process to complete.
This application is very easy to use, you can even open RAR or ZIP files that have a password in them. To do this, press the Set Password button then enter the appropriate password.
The application that further describes its name, this application does provide a simple appearance and only has a size of 3 MB. But in fact, this application is powerful enough to extract RAR and ZIP files on an Android cellphone.
How to extract RAR files on Android phones:
- Run the Simple Unrar application on your cellphone.
- Then find your RAR and ZIP files.
- Then select the extract option.
- Select the extraction location as desired.
- Then extract the file will start.
- Just wait for it to finish.
How long it takes to extract the RAR or ZIP file on an Android phone depends on the size of the file. The bigger the RAR or ZIP size, the longer the process will be.
So, those are some ways to open RAR files on Android, it’s very easy, right? You even have several choices of ways to extract RAR or zip files on your cellphone. Good luck!