Facebook is a social media that makes it easy for everyone to see the content of anyone’s posts including you. It is very important to protect whatever you share on Facebook such as events, photos, daily activities, and more by using account privacy settings, for example by creating a private FB account.
Because by sharing something on social media, especially on Facebook, other people can easily search for it, including looking for daily activities that are shared by you.
Say you want to search for the tragedy in Paris, by searching for it on Facebook, you will not only see posts about Paris shared by friends but also posts shared by everyone regarding the tragedy.
Luckily Facebook has a setting to prevent that from happening. We will help you to make these arrangements. Here’s How to Make Your Profile Private On Facebook.
How to Make Facebook Private
Facebook Private Settings on PC
For how to private FB account on PC, you can follow the steps below:
- The first step in how to make Facebook private is to access Facebook on PC
- Then click the icon > Inverted triangle (Account) at the top right of the screen.
- Click menu > Privacy Settings
- Then click Settings
- After that click > Privacy and select menu > Manage Your Profile
- Go to all the settings on the page above, and read and change the options from being viewable “Public” to “Friends” or “Only you”. For example, you can choose which Profile information you want to make private – job, education, place of residence, etc.
- Now whatever you share on the Facebook timeline, it won’t be visible on any search engines.
Facebook Private Settings on Mobile Phone
The process on a smartphone is the same as that done on a PC. Here’s how to private Facebook account on mobile:
- Open the Facebook app, then tap the three-line option at the top of the menu bar.
- Scroll down until you see Privacy Shortcuts and select that option. Now, hit “Who can see my stuff?” and make sure the option “Who can see your future posts?” has been set to Friends.
- Next, click the option > More Settings at the bottom of the screen, select > Privacy, then select > Limit the audience for posts you’ve shared with friends of friends or the public?
- Then click > Limit old Posts.
- From now on, your Facebook posts will be private, until Facebook comes up with a brilliant idea that pampers its users.
Well, that’s How to Make Your Profile Private On Facebook account so that there is a separate private space for every activity you post on Facebook. Good luck!