Some time ago, Instagram officially introduced the Reels feature for all Instagram users. It’s natural that many people are curious about How to Make Reels on Instagram and also its features.
What are Instagram Reels?
Reels itself is a short video recording feature like TikTok provided by IG. In the midst of rampant digital platform competition, especially social media, many social media platforms are trying to offer superior features that can attract a lot of people’s attention.
By using the Reels feature, users can create short 15-second video content with a choice of various music, effects, and video speed levels that can be set directly.
In addition, the additional Reels feature also changes the appearance of the Instagram home page. If previously the icon that was useful for adding content to Feeds was in the middle of the Home, Explore, Store, and Profile tabs, now the Reels icon occupies the position of the Feeds icon. While the Feeds icon has been moved to the top side next to the Notifications and Direct Messages icons.
The Ultimate Guide to Instagram Reels
Then, how to use the IG Reels feature? Here are ways you can do to be able to use the Reels feature on your IG:
- Make sure you’ve updated the Instagram app to the latest version on the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Open Instagram using the account you have.
- On the main IG page, click the Reel icon located between the “Search” and “Shop” icons. Meanwhile, if you open the Story feature, the Reels button will appear at the bottom of the screen, side by side with the “Post” and “Story” and “Live” features.
- Then, click the camera icon in the upper right corner, then select the option whether you want to record a new video or take it from the smartphone gallery.
- If you select the option to record a new video, you can select or use video concepts such as layouts, timers, or set the video speed.
- After the video is selected or recorded, you can add it with filters, effects, stickers, text, and songs available in the Music column. In addition, you can also upload songs from smartphone storage media or record audio directly through the available “Record” menu.
- If you previously added text, the text that you have created can be positioned and resized as desired and can be placed according to the specified duration.
- In addition, you can also adjust the volume of the song or the sound that comes from the original video. You can also mute the original video by pressing the “Microphone” icon to mute the audio.
- When you’re done editing your video, you can add captions, tags, covers, and choose other options before uploading the video.
- After all, is done, click the “Next” button
- The video will be uploaded automatically and will immediately appear in the IG Reels tab.
That’s How to Make Reels on Instagram, hopefully, it’s useful.