Since Instagram was bought by Facebook, many Instagram features have been adapted from Facebook, one of the features is to create groups. If you still don’t know how you must read more about How to Make Group on Instagram in this article.
Instagram was first launched in 2010, then bought by the Facebook company in 2012, and has grown rapidly until now. As time goes by, more and more new features are provided by Instagram, and it is only natural that this social media has become very popular.
The way to create a group on IG which will be explained in this article is indeed a useful feature on Instagram. With the group chat feature, it will make it easier for you to communicate with your friends via IG.
How to make an Instagram group
Functions of Group Chat on IG
Maybe if you are new to Instagram, and the Instagram group will sound foreign. The IG group itself is a feature that allows you to share messages, photos, or videos with those closest to you personally.
Then what’s the difference between DM / direct Instagram message? DM is sending messages, photos, or videos privately from one person to another.
Well, while the Instagram group is in the DM, it contains more than one person. Maybe from the name alone, we can understand the function of the Instagram group. There you are when you have created an IG group, you can share messages or other media directly with a large number of people.
Then How to Make Group on Instagram? Is it difficult? And can everyone create groups on Instagram? There are two options that you can try to create an Instagram chat group, here is how.
How to make an Instagram group from DM
The first way to create a group on IG is by direct message (DM). Although basically the direct message is used to send private messages to other Instagram users, it turns out that you can create groups from there.
The following are the steps for creating a group on IG:
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the Instagram application.
- Open your Instagram application.
- Then go to the Direct Message / DM menu.
- Tap the pencil icon to create a new conversation on IG.
- Select the IG account that you will enter into your chat group.
- Next, try sending messages to the group.
- When the message is sent, a column will appear at the top.
- In that column, you can fill in the name of the group you want.
How to make an Instagram group via Story
The Instagram story is a feature of Instagram that allows you to upload photos or videos to your IG account and is only valid for 24 hours.
If you want your story to last and not disappear within 24 hours, you can move it to the Instagram spotlight. How to? You can read about it on how to make an Instagram highlight.
Besides that, did you know that Instagram Story can also be used as a way to create groups on Instagram? If you still don’t know how to make it, here is a guide that can help you.
- First, make an Instagram story first on your IG.
- Then hit the Send to a button.
- Tap the group icon next to the search field, as shown above.
- Fill in the group name in the Name Group column.
- Then select the IG account that will be entered into the IG chat group.
- Tap the tick button in the top right corner to create a group.
It’s very easy, not how to create a group on Instagram using the explanation above. There are two different ways you can create a group chat on IG.
Also Read: How To Post On Instagram From Computer
So, now that you know How to Make Group on Instagram, you can send messages to several people at once without the need to send messages one by one.