Facebook is still the mainstay social media application for all smartphone users. This application is equipped with various features that can spoil every user.
One of the newest features that is quite popular is the feature of converting images or photos into 3D photos. In the past, this feature could only be used in the Facebook application on the iPhone. Now the feature is available in the Facebook app for Android phone users.
For those who don’t know the feature in question, here’s an example of the effect when a photo is converted into 3D. So when the phone is moved, the object and background will seem to follow the movement of the phone, even though initially this is a still photo.
Curious about How to Make Facebook 3D Photos? Check out the full discussion below.
How to make a 3D photo post in Facebook
You can change any photo to turn it into three-dimensional (3D), but for more effective results it is better to use objects with clear shapes, such as “ball”, “glass”, “bottle”, etc. After understanding, then testing with more complex objects.
Ok, go ahead, here are the steps to turn a photo into a 3D object on Facebook.
- Open the Facebook application on your respective smartphones.
- After that, press the column to create a status, either from your homepage or profile page.
- In this status creation column, scroll until you see the entire menu. Here, look for the “3D Photo” menu. Tap the menu.
- Next, you will be asked to select the photo you want to convert into a 3D photo, select a photo, then press the “Finish” button.
- If you have, the photo that you selected earlier will be processed by the Facebook system to be made into a 3D photo. Usually, the process is quite fast, only a few seconds. Just wait.
- If you have, you will be taken to your status creation page as below. Here you can see the 3D photo is attached, you just need to add a caption, etc. Next, all you have to do is tap “POSTING” to upload a post with the 3D photo.
- After that, all you have to do is wait for the upload process to finish. This process depends on your internet speed, if you use WiFi it is usually quite fast.
- Done. Here’s the status display with the 3D photo earlier. For 3D testing, you just need to shake your cellphone.
You just have to shake it sideways, or up and down, later the background will also wobble. This is another example of a 3D photo, for additional reference.
Also Read: How to View All Memories in Facebook
What if you don’t find Facebook’s 3D feature?
The first thing you need to do is make sure the Facebook application you are using has been updated to the latest version.
If you don’t find the “3D photo” menu above, the next possibility is the “hidden” 3D photo feature in the other menu. From my search, the “3D photos” menu can be hidden under the “Effects” menu.
It’s a bit difficult to explain, just follow the steps below.
- Go to your profile page on Facebook. After that tap the “Photos” menu under the status creation column.
- After that, please select a photo, then tap “DONE”.
- The selected photo will immediately appear on the status creation page. Here the photos are still ordinary photos, not 3D. To change to 3D, you can tap the “Make 3D” menu.
- If you don’t find the “Make 3D” feature, usually you will find an “Effects” button. Tap the button, then select “3D Photo” from the selection of effects that appear.
- Finished. Then just follow the process as described previously.
You can use the second method if using the first method you don’t find the 3D effect, this is because each smartphone has a different effect menu placement.
By adding 3D effects to your post status. Then your post will look more different from other posts. Especially if the object you choose is indeed suitable for 3D.
Not all good photos are made into 3D, you need to test several times to find good photos to be used as 3D objects.