How many social media accounts do you have? Are you currently using more than 1 social media account? For example, Facebook and Twitter accounts?
Managing more than one social media account can be a bit of a hassle. Especially for those of you who still want to exist on both social media. If we can’t manage it properly, maybe one of the accounts will be neglected.
To overcome this, we can connect Facebook and Twitter accounts.
If you connect the two social media accounts, you can update the post just once. For example, if you create a status on Facebook, your Twitter account will also update the same status or tweet.
How to Link Your Twitter Account to Facebook
IFTTT app to connect Facebook and Twitter
IFTTT is an application that allows us to perform various kinds of commands on many accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, Telegram, and others.
Now one of the features available in IFTTT is connecting Facebook and Twitter.
Before discussing further how to connect Facebook and Twitter accounts, please first install this application and create an account or log in using a social media account. For more details, please refer to the following tutorial.
- Install the IFTTT application on the PlayStore, you can also open it at the following link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/
- Make sure that you are logged in to the Twitter and Facebook applications on your cell phone. This is useful for facilitating the login process in the IFTTT application.
- After the application is installed, then open the application and log in using a social media account. Here we use a Facebook account to log in.
- If we have logged in to the Facebook application on our cellphone, we just need to press “continue as (Facebook account name)”.
- This is the main view of the IFTTT application. So far, we have successfully entered the IFFTT application.
- Next we want to connect Facebook to Twitter, all we need to do is tap the “explore” button on the IFTTT start page. After that in the search field enter “FB status”, then press enter.
- Here are the search results with the word “FB status”. what we need here is the “FB Status Update to Twitter” menu. Tap the menu.
- On the “FB Status Update to Twitter” page, slide the “connect” slider to the right.
- Next you will be taken to Twitter Licensing as below. Press the “Allow app” button.
- Next, you will be forwarded to Facebook permissions as below, to confirm it tap “continue as (facebook profile name)”.
- So far, we have given permission to the IFTTT application to be able to access our Facebook and Twitter. On the slider, a “connected” sign will appear.
If you are already connected, you can try updating your status on Facebook. Then check on the related Twitter account. Your Facebook status should be automatically sent as a tweet on Twitter.
The tweet will be written as a tweet that was updated via IFTTT, not Facebook.
Also Read: How to Block Messages on Facebook Messenger
How to cancel connection in IFTTT
We can use IFTTT for a variety of other commands. We can also cancel orders at any time, including the “FB status update to Twitter” command.
Here are the steps.
- On the IFTTT main page tap “Facebook status update to Twitter”
- Slide the slider to the left.
- After the slider changes to something like the following image, it means that the Facebook status that we sent is no longer automatically sent as a tweet.
How to remove IFTTT access on Facebook and Twitter accounts
Because IFTTT is an application provided by a third party, the security factor may be less guaranteed. This is at the same time weakness of using this application.
To remove IFTTT access to Facebook and Twitter, you can follow the steps below.
Here we need to remove access from both of them. So you need to do it both on Facebook as well as on Twitter.
A. Removing IFTTT access on Facebook
To remove access, apply the following steps.
- Select the settings and privacy menu on the Facebook application. Next open settings.
- Open “apps and websites”
- After that select “accessed using Facebook”
- Then on the active application tab, you will find IFTTT. Tap the “edit” menu next to the IFTTT.
- Scroll down the screen, then tap the “Delete” menu. After that you will be asked to confirm the deletion, press the “delete” button again.
B. Remove IFTTT access on Twitter
Apart from Facebook, you also need to remove IFTTT access from your Twitter account. Here are the steps.
- Go to settings and privacy in the menu on Twitter Web Mobile (Twitter accessed via a browser).
- Select “Account security and access”
- Go to “Applications and sessions”
- Next open the connected Application.
- Search for IFTTT from the list, then open it by tapping the IFTTT menu.
- Tap revoke access to make sure the Twitter and IFTTT apps are no longer connected.
That’s the discussion regarding how to connect Twitter and Facebook with the IFTTT application.
Well, that was information about How to Link Twitter to Facebook Fast and Easy. If you still have questions regarding this article, please type them in the comments column below.