You can already download iOS 16 even though it’s still in developer beta format. There are some easy steps to do it. We will provide tips on how to download iOS 16 on iPhone and how to download iPadOS 16 on your iPad.
One thing you should know because it is still an early pre-release version, iOS 16 will be full of bugs and other problems. You should download and install iOS 16 using a backup iPhone.
This must be considered because the iOS 16 beta preview version can disable the iPhone, such as the phone being inactive, unable to send text messages, the phone being slow, or even making the device completely unusable or completely dead.
If you only have one iPhone, be sure to back up your device on iOS 15 before updating to iOS 16. That way, there’s an option to go back to iOS 15.
One condition that is no less important, is to do so, you must have an iPhone 8 or later series to be able to run iOS 16. Also, please note, that this update does not support iPhone SE (2016), iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 7, or iPhone 7 Plus.
How to Download iOS 16 Beta on Your iPhone Right Now
To know How to Install iOS 16 Beta on iPhone or iPadOS 16 on your iPad, follow the steps below:
Download iOS 16 Through Apple Developer Program
If you are not already a member of the Apple Developer Program, then the first step you should take is to register as a member of the Apple Developer Program, in order to download iOS 16 on your iPhone or iPad.
Here’s how to register as a member of the Apple Developer Program:
- Download the Apple Developer Program app from the App Store
- After that go to the app, go to > Account, and tap > Enroll Now
- Sign in with your Apple ID credentials.
- Read various benefits and instructions, enter your personal information, and scan your ID to verify your identity.
- Once this information is submitted, you must select your entity and agree to the program license agreement.
- Finally, pay the Apple Developer Program membership fee via Apple Pay, which is USD 99 or around IDR 1.4 million a year.
- Upon successful payment, you will be directed to your Account page in the Apple Developer app. Here you can verify that you are now registered, and can also check the expiration date of your membership next year.
Also Read: How to Make Your iPhone Faster
Download iOS 16 Via OTA on iPhone/iPad
The easiest way to download iOS 16 is via an OTA update or over the air. Follow these steps to do this:
- Go to the Apple Developer Program download page on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then tap > Install Profile for iOS 16 beta (iPhone) or iPadOS 16 beta (iPad), then press > Allow.
- Next, go to > Settings, tap > Profile Downloaded, and tap > Install at the top right when it appears.
- Enter your passcode if prompted, then tap > Install twice again. Your device needs to be restarted or restarted.
- Once the phone boots up again, connect the device to power. Make sure you are using Wi-Fi and go to Settings > General > Software Update. If you don’t see an available update right away, wait a few minutes and check again.
- Finally, press > Download and Install, click > Install and enter your passcode to update the device.
- Once that’s all sorted out, you should have access to the most recent iOS 16 developer beta.
Download iOS 16 Using Mac
OTA updates require a certain amount of storage. If you don’t have enough space, using a computer is the only way to update to iOS 16 without freeing up space manually. Here’s how:
- Go to the Apple Developer Program download page on your Mac, then find iOS 16 beta or iPadOS 16 beta and click > Download Restore Images.
- Download the iOS beta software recovery image for your specific device (iPhone or iPad).
- Next, connect your device to your computer and enter the passcode or press Trust This Computer, if prompted.
- Open Finder and click your device in the sidebar under Locations.
- In General, next to Software, you will see the latest software that your device is running.
- Hold down the Option key, click > Check for Update, and select the iOS 16 beta software recovery image you just downloaded from the Apple Developer Program page.
- The iOS 16 beta software will be installed on your device. Wait a few minutes, and when your phone reboots, you should already have access to iOS 16.
Also Read: How to Transfer Data Android to iPhone
List of iPhone & iPad Support iOS 16
You need to know, that not all iPhone or iPad models have support for the iOS 16 or iPadOS 16 update. Well, here we provide a list of iPhone and iPad models that have support for the update:
List of iPhone models that support iOS 16:
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS and XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max
- iPhone 12 and 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max
- iPhone 13 and 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation)
List of iPad models that support iPadOS 16:
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (7th generation)
- iPad (8th generation)
- iPad (9th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad mini (6th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air (4th generation)
- iPad Air (5th generation)
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 11-inch
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th generation)
For your information, although it is compatible with many iPad models, it should be noted that some of the new features in iPadOS 16 may not be available on all iPads. There are some features that depend on the M1-powered iPad.
Also Read: How to Hide Apps on iPhone
So, those were tips on How to Install iOS 16 or iPadOS 16 beta version on your iPhone or iPad. Once again we remind you because this is still an early pre-release beta, the iOS 16 you download will be full of bugs and other problems.