If you are a student, you may already be used to touching PowerPoint to make presentation materials. When creating content on a slide, you are also familiar with the various fonts offered by Microsoft Office on Windows 10 systems including Times New Roman, Tahoma, Calibri, Segoe UI, and many more.
However, sometimes the use of the default font that is served from Windows 10 ends up being boring and monotonous. The use of ordinary fonts, that’s all, and no “wow” factor makes the audience often not so enthusiastic in listening to the presentations they want to deliver.
Then, what is the solution? Don’t worry, here’s How to Install Fonts in Windows 10. However, keep in mind! At first, you must first download the software or font software.
Sites to Download Fonts
To download or get a font then you have to look for it on a search engine like Google. You only need to write the word “Font” in the search field, it will automatically appear thousands of fonts that you can choose and download before installing it on your laptop.
The number of sites that offer various types of fonts in search results when it will be confusing, right? Therefore, we will kindly provide recommendations that are suitable for you to download fonts to be installed on a laptop or computer with a Windows 10 system. Just take a look at the following:
For those of you who are new to Google Fonts, this site is a library of thousands of free fonts created by the Google team. With the presence of this site, it is hoped that it can help developers, designers, students, or even the general public to produce interesting and different designs.
The steps you can take to download a cell phone on the Google Font site are as follows:
- The first step you have to do is visit the Google page using Chrome or Mozilla.
- After that, type in the search field “Google Fonts” or you can go directly to the link here.
- When you have entered the Google Fonts page, you will meet several menus ranging from language, categories, Font properties, font name search fields, and much more. Choose a font through the search field or by category.
- When you have found the font you want, click on it until you are invited to get to know more about the font, such as the type of font style, glyphs, fonts, licenses, and pairings.
- Next, to download the font you just click the box in which it says “Download Family”.
- Automatically the font you want will be downloaded. You can see the results and the download process at the bottom left of the screen.
Another alternative to looking for interesting fonts that can be installed on a Windows 10-based laptop, you can visit a site called Dafont. Like Google Fonts, Dafont offers hundreds of more fonts that can be downloaded for free. For how to download Dafont, you can follow the steps below:
- First, open the search engine on your laptop. Then, type Dafont in the search field or you can simply visit here.
- Once you enter the Dafont page, you will be faced with hundreds of font types available on the site. On that page, you will find various categories of fonts ranging from Fancy, Techno, Basic, Holiday, and many others, choose the font you want to use.
- After deciding to choose the font you want, then you just need to press the box that says download, the software from the font will be downloaded automatically in seconds or depending on internet speed.
- You can find the font file in the Download folder on your laptop.
The last option to get free fonts is to visit the 1001fonts portal. On this site, you can find many fonts that have been arranged by categories such as general, style, modern, holiday, special, and others. How to download fonts in 1001fonts? Check out the description below:
- As usual, you have to go to a search engine and type the keyword “1001fonts” in the search field.
- Next, you will be taken to the 1001fonts page and meet hundreds of fonts that have been categorized by the system.
- Next, select the font you want to get and download it.
- Keep pressing the green Download button.
- Voila! The font has also been downloaded and is ready to be installed on a laptop or computer-based on Windows 10.
Basically the fonts in Google Fonts, Dafont, or 1001fonts you can download and install on various types of laptops and any version of the Windows operating system.
How to Install the Fonts You Want in Windows 10
As soon as you get the font software that has been downloaded from a site such as Google Fonts, Dafont, or 1001fonts, then you can then install the application on your laptop based on the Windows 10 operating system. Then, what are the steps? Here is the presentation:
- Go to the Downloads folder or where the previously downloaded font files are stored on the Google Fonts, Dafont, or 1001fonts sites.
- After finding the font to install, then right-click.
- When right-clicked you will be presented with several options and one of the options you have to choose is Extract Here.
- The file will then bring up three more files as shown below.
- Click the file marked with the color box. A new display will automatically appear that shows examples of writing using that font.
- On that page, you will meet two menus, namely Print and Install. To install the font then you just press the Install menu.
- After you press the install menu, a small box will appear indicating the installation process is in progress on a Windows 10-based laptop.
- To see if the font is already installed you can open Microsoft PowerPoint or Word.
- Then, to make sure that the font works as expected, you can check it in the Font column and start writing using that font. Isn’t it easy to install fonts on a laptop based on Windows 10?
That was the discussion about How to Install Fonts in Windows 10 operating system. Do you have another method to install unique and cool fonts on a Windows 10 laptop? Try sharing in the comments!