How to Hide Apps on Android phone? Afraid that the application on your smartphone is opened by unauthorized people? Actually, you don’t need to be afraid, because it turns out that there is a way to hide apps on Android that you can try.
The app you want to hide may have private data or photos. Or maybe a game you don’t want anyone else to play.
So, here is How to Hide Apps on Android phone. Let’s look at the following steps. Check this out!
How to hide apps, photos, and files on Android devices
Hide Apps Through Settings
The first way to hide applications on Android is through settings or Settings. Here are the steps:
- Open Settings or Settings on your Android phone.
- Select the Applications menu.
- Then select Manage Apps. A list of all applications on the smartphone will appear.
- Select the app you want to hide.
- The Disable option menu will appear
- If you enable Disable on an application, then the application will not appear in the menu and also cannot be used
- If you want to return to using the application, just disable the set earlier.
For the record, how to hide applications on HP only applies to default applications. Apps installed from the Play Store cannot be hidden this way.
Using the Apex Launcher App
How to hide the next Android application, you can use the launcher. In addition to having an attractive interface, this application can also be used to hide applications on smartphones.
- First, download the Apex Launcher app on the Google Play Store.
- Activate this application so that it becomes the main launcher of your Android phone.
- Follow the instructions to perform the initial setup.
- Open Apex Settings on the home screen.
- Select the Hidden Apps menu.
- Tap Add Hidden Apps.
- Then select any application you want to hide.
Now the apps you hid will no longer appear in the drawer. To bring it back, you just do the same steps and select Unhide.
Using the Hide App
The next way to hide apps on Android phones is to use Hide App. But it should be noted, that how to hide applications on Android with this application must require root access from a smartphone.
Here’s how to hide apps on Android with hiding App:
- Download the Hide App application on the Google Play Store.
- Click the (+) icon at the bottom right.
- Select which apps you want to hide, then select Hide.
- Marked apps will not appear in the drawer.
Keep in mind again, that how hiding this Android application can not be done if your smartphone is not rooted.
Using App Lock
The next way you can do to hide Android applications is to use the App Lock application.
Besides being able to hide applications on your smartphone, the App Lock application can also be used to hide data and files stored on your smartphone.
- Download the App Lock app on the Google Play Store, and open the app.
- Enter the password pattern for later use to unlock the application.
- Then scroll down, and find the app you want to lock.
- Click the lock icon to lock the app.
- Grant access so that the application can function properly.
- Done! Now the application you want is locked and cannot be accessed by just anyone.
How to Hide Apps with AppLock
The next way to hide applications on Android, you can use the Smart AppLock application. This application made by ThinkYeah Mobile allows you to lock applications on your smartphone so that they cannot be accessed by just anyone.
Users can also have a pattern lock, it can be a pattern or a PIN code. Here’s how to hide Android apps with Smart AppLock:
- Download the Smart AppLock app on the Play Store, and run the app.
- Click Enable. Automatically, Smart AppLock will recommend any application that has vulnerable data and must be locked and hidden.
- Select the app you want to lock.
- After selecting the application, click Enable.
- Setup pattern to unlock password.
- how to hide apps on android
- Finally, grant access so that the application can be used.
Done! Now the apps you lock cannot be accessed by just anyone who doesn’t know the password.
Also Read: 5 Ways to Block a Number on Android Phone
So, that were the various ways to hide applications on Android smartphones. Good luck and good luck!