For this forgotten password problem, there is actually only one solution, namely by resetting the password.
To reset your own password, there are several options, such as a cell phone number, recovery email, answering questions from Google, answering security questions, and even contacting the Google support team.
But before that, there are some important things you need to pay attention to.
Check old passwords.
Check if you’ve ever logged in to a certain browser and maybe have saved your Gmail password in that browser. Those who have many devices (cell phones, laptops, PCs, etc.), usually, will never log in and save the password in one of the browsers on the device.
If there is no old password, prepare yourself according to the tips from the Gmail support page.
Gmail itself provides some tips for resetting passwords, on the support page here support.google.com/accounts/answer/7299973?hl=en.
How to Recover Gmail Password without Recovery Email
For those who need a quick answer, here are the steps.
- Go to google.com/accounts/recovery page.
- Fill in the Gmail address that you forgot the password to in the column provided.
- Follow the steps as directed until you manage to get a new password for the Gmail account.
The process is as simple as that, below will be described for friends who want a detailed discussion.
How to Gmail Password Recovery With mobile number
This is the first way, and the easiest, so I prioritize it at the beginning. Here we will reset the forgotten password using the cellphone number.
Here I am using the chrome browser on my android phone. It is recommended to use the browser you used to access the previous TBT account. Because there will be stored cookies from Gmail.
- Go to google.com/accounts/recovery page. Then enter your email or phone number. Then tap “next” or “next”.
- Enter the old password that you remember. Then click “Next”
If you forget, please try to remember, because this helps the password reset process, above have also been given tips for viewing old stored passwords. So try as much as possible to find out your old password.
[Sometimes after entering the old password, you can immediately successfully perform account recovery and be taken straight to step 7, so make sure to be serious about remembering it]
- Select receive code via SMS.
- You will be asked to enter a code starting with G- which is sent via SMS.
- Immediately check the SMS inbox, look for the verification code. Write down the code.
- Then enter the code in the SMS to the Gmail page that asks for the code. Tap “Next”.
- When finished you will be asked to create a new password then select “Next”
- If the following conditions appear, select “I agree”
- You can already log in to your account
That’s How to Gmail Password Recovery via SMS. Pretty easy isn’t it? If there is something you want, you can leave a Comment. Don’t forget to share if you find it useful.