Podcasts or podcasts are now a new medium for work. Through podcasts, we can chat about anything. Starting from everyday life, our hobbies, and interests, to factual things that are happening.
Many platforms can be used to create podcasts. Spotify is one of them. This Swedish platform now provides not only a variety of songs. However, it can also be used as a place for making podcasts.
Many creators already create podcasts on Spotify. If you want to be the next creator, you have to keep this article through to completion. Here’s How to Get Your Podcast on Spotify. Want to know what these methods are? Immediately, read in full below!
6 Ways to Get Podcast on Spotify
Determining the Theme
Themes are very important in a podcast. Without it, you won’t know what you want to talk about during the podcast recording later. For this reason, why is the theme the first thing you have to determine?
As a suggestion, choose a theme that is close to your everyday life. Whether it’s in the form of a hobby, work, or your worries so far. Choosing a theme that is close to yourself will make you more honest and loose during podcast creation. Moreover, nowadays listeners have started to appreciate podcasts whose themes are close to the podcasters themselves.
Write down the points you want to make
This method is optional. You can do it or not. If you prefer to talk directly without notes, you can skip this step.
However, if you want to be more structured or are afraid to forget, you can do this step. Write down the points you want to convey, whether it’s on a notebook, cellphone, or on your laptop. You don’t have to be detailed, you only need to write an outline of the points you want to convey.
This is a pretty crucial way of making podcasts on Spotify. To do this method, make sure you have prepared a USB laptop and microphone. For laptops, make sure you have installed a voice recording application for laptops.
One application that is highly recommended is Audacity. This application can be installed on a Windows or Mac OS laptop. If so, then you can follow the steps below:
- Make sure the USB microphone you have is connected to the laptop that has Audacity installed.
- Start recording by clicking the microphone logo in Audacity. To streamline the recording process, you can see the points you have made while continuing to record.
- Click stop when finished recording. After that, try listening to the recording again.
- If there is anything that needs editing, edit the recording as needed.
- During editing, it is recommended to use the ISO / IEC 11172-3 MPEG-1 format with bitrates 96 – 320 kbps.
- Save the recording that you have edited in MP3 format. Don’t forget to name your podcast recording.
- Make sure your file size is no more than 200 MB so that it can be uploaded to Spotify.
Specify a name and cover image for your podcast
In the previous step, we mentioned entering the name of your podcast. If you are confused about giving a name for your podcast, you can pay attention to step one.
For name problems, make sure to choose a name that is short but interesting. And of course, represents the theme you discussed. It is recommended to create a name that is no longer than 20 characters.
Apart from the name, the cover image is also very important for a podcast. The cover image itself can be the identity and characteristic of your podcast. You can create your own cover image of your podcast.
If not, you can ask a friend who is good at graphic design to make it. If it’s still not possible, you can use images on the internet that are copyright-free. For the cover image, make sure that it is at least 1400 x 1400 pixels in size and has a 1: 1 ratio.
Set a Website Host for Your Podcast
Before uploading to Spotify, make sure that your podcast has a hosted website. The website host itself will later be able to provide an RSS feed, where the RSS feed itself is one of the requirements so that your podcast can enter Spotify.
Website hosts can also make your podcast freely available on the internet. To host a website, you can use SoundCloud, Blubrry, or Anchor. You can use all of these website hosts for free, even though they have a number of limitations.
Upload Your Podcast to Spotify
This is the last way you have to do it. Uploading a podcast to Spotify itself requires a number of specific steps. The steps are:
- Open the Spotify for Podcaster page.
- If you previously had a Spotify account, all you have to do is log in directly to the Spotify program. If not, then create a Spotify account first. If so, go to the ‘Get Your Podcast’ menu, then click ‘Get Started’.
- Check the box in the ‘Terms and Conditions’ column, then press the ‘Continue’ button.
- Enter your podcast RSS feed in the box provided. Later, your podcast title and cover image will appear automatically. When both of them appear, you can immediately click the ‘Next’ button.
- Later, you will find the ‘Add Podcast Info’ column. In that column, you can fill incomplete information about your podcast. Starting from the language, category, country, and so on.
- Press the ‘Next’ button when all your podcast information has been filled. Check the information again, then press ‘Submit’.
The podcast that you have uploaded will be reviewed by the Spotify team for several hours or days. Only after that, will be broadcast live by them.
A podcast is now a new medium of work. You can discuss anything through this one medium. If you are interested in making it, you can follow How to Get Your Podcast on Spotify that we have presented above.