Apple will announce the presence of a new operating system for the iPhone in September. But before that, Apple on Monday (11/7/2022) local time, released the beta version of iOS 16 to the public. For those of you who haven’t, we will give you tips on How to Download and Install iOS 16.
For those who have an iPhone that supports the iOS 16 public betas, you can already download the update. The method is not complicated and without any cost.
The iOS 16 public beta release follows the developer beta release. Supposedly, the public beta is more stable than the developer beta. Don’t forget to back up your iPhone.
Why? Because not all applications will be able to function normally on the update. In addition to releasing a public beta, Apple also announced a list of the Apple Beta Software Programs.
Well, follow some steps to install the update. Ok, without further ado, We will guide you to install the iOS 16 public beta.
How to download iOS 16 public beta
After backing up your iPhone, please sign up for the Apple Beta Software Program. If so, here’s How to Download and Install iOS 16 Public Beta:
- On your iOS device, open the Beta Software Program page (opens in a new tab) in your browser, then sign in or register. If you signed up for the Beta Software Program, just follow the on-screen instructions to register your device with Apple ID.
- Once logged in, go to the iOS 16 section and scroll down until you see Download Profile. Tap that button. When prompted, confirm that you want to install a configuration profile on the phone.
- Once the profile is downloaded, you will be prompted to go to Settings. There will be a warning at the top of the Settings app about Profile. Please tap View Profile.
- On the next page, tap Install in the top right corner to start the installation process. After entering your passcode to confirm, you’ll see some rules about the volatile nature of beta software. You have to tap to install once again
- You will be prompted to install the software again. Apple really wants to make sure you want the beta version on the iPhone. There will be a prompt to restart your iPhone so the profile can be installed. Make sure to plug your iPhone into a power source. Because this step can take a long time.
- After the iPhone restarts, go to the Settings app, and select General followed by Software Update.
- iOS 16 beta will be waiting for you. Tap Download and Install, then enter the passcode when prompted. You have to tap Install again to confirm.
If you have, iOS 16 will start installing. After the restart, your iPhone will be running the iOS 16 public beta. The process will be much simpler once you install the initial beta.
Further updates will be available via the Software Update section of the Settings app. Go to it to download the new version of iOS 16 beta if you are already running that version of the software.
There are not as many devices that support iOS 16 as those that can run iOS 15. You must have an iPhone 8 or later model to access iOS 16.
In other words, the original iPhone SE, iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, and iPhone 7 and 7 Plus can’t access iOS 16. The same goes for the seventh-generation iPod touch.