How to Delete Your TikTok Account Permanently? TikTok is a social media application that originated in China. This application was first launched in 2017 and managed to grow very quickly. Even a few months ago, this application is rumored to have been downloaded more than 2 billion times worldwide.
But the popularity of TikTok has also been accompanied by a number of problems, such as user data which is considered less secure by some, and censorship of content deemed sensitive by the Chinese government.
Well, if you no longer want to see content like that, then of course you can delete your TikTok account.
How to Delete a TikTok Account Permanently
To delete a TikTok account, there are a number of easy steps you can take, namely:
- Open TikTok and tap the “Profile” icon at the bottom right.
- On the “Profile” page, tap the three-dot icon that you can find at the top right.
- On the “Settings and privacy” page, tap “Manage account”.
- Then on the “Manage Account” page, you just have to tap “Delete account”.
- On the next page, the TikTok system will verify that the person who is deleting the account is the rightful account owner.
If you register using an email, then you must enter the TikTok account password in the verification process. Meanwhile, if you create a TikTok account using a cell phone number, TikTok will send a verification code to that cell phone number via message.
Tap “Continue” to go to the next step.
- You will be taken to the “Confirmation” page. There, there is information about what will happen after deleting your account. Read carefully the information. Then scroll down and tap “Delete Account”.
- Tap “Delete” on the menu that appears.
- Done, the Tiktok account has been successfully deleted. You can proceed by uninstalling your TikTok app.
Also Read: How to Make TikTok Safe for Kids
How to Reactivate a Deleted TikTok Account
If you read the information on the “Confirm” page when you want to delete a TikTok account, then you certainly know that accounts deleted in less than 30 days can still be restored. Moreover, your TikTok account will be permanently deleted and you will not be able to restore it.
Well, if before 30 days you change your mind and want to restore your TikTok account, then try following the steps below.
- Open the TikTok app and tap “Sign in” at the bottom.
- Here there are several options for logging in, you can use any option as long as you can log in again to the TikTok account. For example, here I select the menu “Use phone number/email/username”.
- Here there will be an option with “mobile number” or “email/username”. Select the “Phone” menu.
- Enter the mobile number in the column provided and tap “Send Code”. After that, enter the code sent to your cellphone number.
- After successfully logging in, you will find a notification like the one below. Here you just select “Activate again”.
- Done, the TikTok account was successfully restored.
Once reactivated, all likes, followers, and videos that you have uploaded will not disappear. Everything is restored as it was when the account was not deleted.
That’s it for this discussion. If you have any questions regarding the process of deleting a TikTok account, you can submit them in the comments column below. See you in the next post.