Mi account is a service from Xiaomi that functions to store files and data on the cellphone. Even though it is quite useful, there may be times when we want to delete the Mi account from the phone in certain ways.
If you forget the password for your Mi account, then maybe you will have trouble trying to open a Mi account. However, you don’t need to worry about this because there are several ways to solve it.
The Mi account itself is actually something that plays an important role in the Xiaomi smartphone. With a Mi account, you can enjoy various services from Xiaomi.
The most popular Xiaomi service is Mi Cloud. The way Mi Cloud works is to make a copy of data online so that it can be used when doing data backup and restore.
In addition, with the Mi account, you can track a lost or stolen Xiaomi cellphone. You can lock the phone remotely and even be able to track the position where your cellphone is.
How to Delete Mi Account
There are several methods you can use to easily delete a Mi Cloud account on a Xiaomi cellphone. Basically, you can use 2 different methods, namely using a phone or laptop.
However, some Xiaomi users experience a problem, namely forgetting the password for their MI account. For that, Weblogue will review in full, starting from deleting this account normally to those who forget their password.
Log out Mi Account from Xiaomi Phone
In the first step to delete the Mi account, you must first remove the Mi account from your Xiaomi cellphone. Here’s how below:
- Enter the Settings menu> Mi Account.
- Tap the Exit button at the bottom.
- Fill in the password with your Mi account password.
- After that select the Delete option.
- If so, restart your Xiaomi cellphone.
After that, you have to go to the next step, which is to delete all data stored in this account.
Remove Mi Account
At this stage, use the browser on your device, be it the default browser, Google Chrome, Opera, or something else. Then follow these guidelines:
Also Read: How to Open Someone Whatsapp in Your Phone
- Visit the Xiaomi account delete page.
- Enter the email and password that matches your Mi account.
- If a successful login, a pop-up message will appear.
- Check Yes, I want to permanently delete my Mi Account.
- Then press the Delete Account option.
- Press the Send button to complete the verification stage.
- Check the email from Xiaomi providing the verification code.
- Enter the verification code on the Xiaomi page.
- After that select the Delete Account option.
If you have followed the steps above, it means that your Mi account has been permanently deleted including data stored in the MI account. Very easy, right? You can use this method without a PC.
Delete Mi Account Without Password
If you forget the password for your Mi account, then you don’t need to worry. The reason is there is still a way to bypass a locked Mi account or forget the password.
- With a QR Code Scan
- Go to the Xiaomi account page then click QR Code in the top right corner.
- Access the Mi Account menu on your cellphone, then select the Scan option.
- Point the cellphone camera at the QR Code, then you can automatically pass through the Mi account without a password.
- Visit i.mi.com then click the Sign in with Mi Account button.
- Select menu Find Device> Disable> Disable find phone.
- Then restart your Xiaomi cellphone.
- Turn off internet data then reset your phone to Factory Settings via the Settings menu> Additional Settings> Make Backup & Reset> Return to Factory Settings.
- Just wait for the hard reset process to complete.
When the Xiaomi cellphone has finished the hard reset process, the cellphone returns to its original settings and looks like new. The connected Mi account has also been deleted successfully.
Because hard reset or restore to factory settings will erase all data on Xiaomi phones, so make sure to make a data copy or backup of files before you do it.
That’s How to Delete Mi Account. Some types of Xiaomi may have differences in appearance, but the steps and basics remain the same.