Search history or history will appear in the form of a row of sites that we visit and this becomes a digital trace which of course has been recorded by Google. According to Wired.com, some people may be aware that Google is monitoring their activities while surfing in cyberspace. However, there are also those who are not aware of how far Google is going and tracking digital activity.
Although unable to beg Google directly to stop “doing”. However, we can limit and control what Google collects about all digital activity, which has been visited. This control is also useful for protecting data privacy from an unknown site, advertisers, or other companies that may browse and store our data.
So how do you fix this? Well, as already said above, we can clear Google search history. Well, this time Weblogue will discuss How To Delete Google Search History. Immediately, see through the following explanation, yeah!
How to Delete Your Google Search History
Delete Your Chrome Browsing History on Desktop
You can implement this one method on various types or types of computers or laptops as long as you have a browser application that is connected to Google, such as Google Chrome.
- The first stage opens the Google Chrome application, which is usually on the desktop page. If you can’t find the icon for the Google Chrome application, you can search for it.
- After meeting the Google Chrome icon, click and open the search engine application.
- However, first, make sure your computer or laptop is connected to the internet. So that the search history deletion process can run smoothly.
- Next, you have to go to the top right corner to click the dot button.
- Then you will meet several menus starting from New Tab, New Window, New Incognito Window, History, Bookmarks, Settings, and several other menus.
- Because you want to delete the search history, click the History menu.
- For example, in case you can’t find the History menu, the easiest way to go to History is to press CTRL + H on the keyboard. Then you will see a screen like below.
- Then you will be guided to the History page display.
- There are two options for deleting the search history list, namely deleting one by one by checking the box column or deleting all search history at once.
- To delete one by one, you only need to check the box column whose position is next to the time.
- Followed by clicking the Delete menu, which is next to the Cancel menu. Do not choose the Cancel menu, unless you want to cancel the search history deletion process. Thus, select the Delete menu, to delete the search history that you have previously selected or checked.
- Only after that, the search history such as the sites you choose or check will be deleted from Google’s tracks.
- Then what if you want to delete all search history? You don’t need to check each site or search history, but just select the Clear browsing data menu on the left side.
- After clicking, you will be invited to the New Tab, namely Settings.
- On this page you will see a white city that displays three options on the Basic menu, namely Browsing History, Cookies and Other Site Data, and Cached Images and Files.
- There is also a Time Range menu, in this menu, you can select a time range. You can choose the process of deleting search history for sites that are opened within one hour, two hours, up to the entire time.
- Meanwhile, on the Advanced menu, you can also delete passwords and others (more personal in nature) that you have filled in on a portal.
- After selecting and deciding the time range, then select the Clear Data button.
- Voila! All search history lists such as sites and even passwords that have been entered on a portal have been deleted.
How To Delete Google Search History On Mobile Phone
- Make sure you have the Google Chrome application, this is the most important thing to take action to delete search history on Google. Not only that, but you also have to activate cellular data or connect to WiFi which makes your smartphone connect to the Internet. This is because if you are not connected to the Internet, the process of deleting your search history on Google cannot work.
- Then click the application, until you meet a page like an image below.
- Next, click the dot button in the upper right corner of the Google Chrome display.
- After clicking the three dots button, there will be a column that displays several menus from Google Chrome on a smartphone such as New tab, New Incognito, History, Downloads, Bookmarks, Recent tabs, Google Chrome History, and many more.
- Followed by selecting and clicking the History menu.
- After clicking the history menu, the display will change and a row of sites or links that you have visited will appear.
- Then you have to click the Clear browsing data menu.
- After clicking, you will be led to the Clear browsing data display. Just like on a computer, on Google Chrome on a smartphone for this section there will be two menus Basic and Advance.
- If you choose Basic, there will be three options, namely deleting Browsing history, Cookies and site data, and Cached images and files along with the Time Range we want to choose.
- Meanwhile, if you choose the Advanced menu, all search history from the site to the password that has been inputted on a portal will be deleted.
- After selecting (in this tutorial we will clear the search history on the Basic menu) and determining the time range, click the Clear Data menu or Clear Data which makes the sites that have been visited will be deleted from Google’s monitoring.
- Finally, the Cleared Chrome data box will appear, and click the OK menu, got it.
- Then after that, your search history on Google is deleted.
- Keep in mind that the names of the menus in Google Chrome may vary according to the type of phone or language.
That’s How To Delete Google Search History On Desktop or Mobile Phone.