Signature has become one of the important requirements for various purposes, such as making ID cards, job applications, proposals, and so on. It can be said that a signature is another form of a person’s identity.
Currently, signatures are often found in electronic mail such as email. The signature is usually embedded at the bottom of the email and includes the closing of the message.
For those of you who are still confused about How to Create a Signature in Gmail on Desktop or Mobile, I have a complete guide below.
How to Add a Signature in Gmail (A Step-by-Step Guide)
How to Creating a Gmail signature in the Gmail App
Before going any further, make sure you are using the latest version of the Gmail app. So for the layout, appearance, and naming of the menu is not much different.
If you have, immediately refer to the following steps:
- Open the Gmail app, then tap the ‘three lines’ icon at the top left of the screen. Scroll down the screen and enter the ‘Settings menu.
Select the email address you want to use.
- You will enter the email settings, here look for the ‘General’ tab and tap on the ‘Mobile Signature’ menu.
- A pop-up will appear as below, you just need to fill in the Signature or Signature in it.
- If you have tap the ‘OK button to save the signature.
- Now, go back to the Gmail app homepage and tap on the ‘Compose’ button at the bottom right to compose a new email message.
- The signature that you create will be immediately embedded at the end of the email, you can also delete or edit the signature freely.
- The following is an example of what it looks like when an email is received by another user.
Create Gmail signature on Desktop or PC
For PC users, you can set this digital signature through the Gmail site in your browser.
Make sure you are logged into Gmail in the TSB browser, then just follow the steps below.
- Go to https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/general.
- Scroll down to the signature section. Click the “Create new” or “Create new” button.
- Enter the name of the signature. For example, your name only serves as a marker.
- After that, a signature filling box will appear next to it. In this section, you just enter the signature you want. It’s more complete here than on a cell phone, there are many choices of formats and fonts, besides that, you can also upload images here.
- When you’re done, scroll down, and press the “Save settings” button.
Disadvantages of Creating a Signature on the Gmail Application compared to the Gmail Desktop site
Creating a signature in the Gmail application is indeed simpler, but it has limitations that make it may not be suitable for some users.
Can’t change text style
As you can see, we can only type in the usual text format in the Gmail application. This is inversely proportional to when creating a signature on the desktop version of Gmail. On the desktop version, you can change the text style such as size, font type, text format, and the arrangement of the signature order.
Can’t add an image
For agencies, institutions, or companies, the presence of a signature in the form of a company image or logo has become an important thing to prove the authenticity of the email.
In the Gmail application, we can’t add an image as an email signature yet. So for those of you who want to add an image to your email signature, you can use the desktop version.
Finally, adding a signature at the end of the email message will make the message you send seem more professional. Especially for job seekers who currently send application files via company email more often.
Hope this helps, if you are still confused, don’t hesitate to ask in the comments column below.