In this sophisticated era, it’s hard to find a cellphone that doesn’t have a camera. The presence of the camera seems to have a function other than photography, but also for scanning a QR Code that can speed up the exchange of information practically and easily.
In short, a QR Code is a barcode that can be scanned by a cellphone or tablet device to get information such as a URL, text, or get a public Wi-Fi access.
Well, another QR Code function is to share the location of a place. This is very useful for business people such as restaurant or hotel owners who want to easily promote their business. Just distribute the leaflet containing this QR Code, then prospective customers who scan the code can immediately know the exact location of the address via Google Maps.
If you want to share your business location with the public using a QR Code, we will provide the easiest How to Create a QR Code for a Location. Ready? Check out the following steps, yes!
3 Platform How to Create a QR Code for a Location
Via a browser (QR Code Monkey)
The easiest way to create a QR Code is through a site that provides this service. That way, you don’t have to bother installing software and the QR Code creation process can be done on any device.
There are various sites that provide QR Code creation services, but one of the best is QR Code Monkey. This site provides QR creation with complete functions from URL, text, Twitter, Facebook, and of course one of them is location.
You can also add your own logo to the QR Code to make it more personal, as well as an opportunity to expand brand awareness. Without waiting any longer, here are the steps to create a QR Code location in the browser.
- First of all, you must find the latitude and longitude coordinates of the place of business for which you want to generate a QR code. Visit Google Maps in your browser and point the “pin” to your location.
- Right-click on the place name then selects What’s here menu as shown below.
- Then a column will appear like the one below containing the latitude and longitude information you need. The writing before the comma (number 1) is latitude while the post after it is longitude (number 2). Copy both pieces of information.
- Type the page “https://www.qrcode-monkey.com” into the search bar of your preferred browsers, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Microsoft Edge.
- Choose the Location menu on the menu bar.
- Do you still remember the latitude and longitude that you copied earlier? Now enter both of this information in the fields provided.
- You can also do various customizations. Select the Set Colors menu and change the color according to what you want. But still, make sure the foreground and background colors have sufficient contrast so that the QR Code is easily detected.
- Next, click the Add Logo Image to add your own brand logo or choose one of the logos provided. Click Upload Image and choose an image format .jpg, .png, .gif, or .svg with a file size of under 2 MB.
- If desired, you can change the QR Code design to be unique on the Customize Design menu.
- After you finish entering the location, logo, and design information, you can specify the QR Code resolution on the slider. By default, the resolution is at 1000 x 1000 pixels. If so, click the Create QR Code button.
- Now the QR Code has been created. You can test it by scanning the QR Code using the default mobile application. If you don’t have one on your operating system, download one of the QR Code scanner apps on this list.
- Click Download PNG to save the QR Code to a folder on your PC or mobile.
How? Easy, right? This method is suitable for those of you who cannot install software on a PC, and want a practical method with only a browser. You can also start sharing the QR Code on various social media or print, complete with your brand logo.
How to Create a QR Code for a Location With Software (QR Code Studio)
Apart from the above method, there is nothing wrong if you use PC software to create QR codes. This is because software generally has more complete features, can be done without the need for the internet, and some of the best software is very light in size.
One application that can be used is called QR Code Studio which only has a size of a dozen MB. Follow the steps below to use this software.
- Visit the QR Code Studio download page by clicking this link.
- Click the Download button based on the operating system you are using – Mac or Windows.
- Open the downloaded file and install the application.
- After the application is installed, open Google Maps through a browser and find the location of your place of business. Copy the entire URL into the address bar.
- Open the QR Code Studio application that has been installed and enter the copied URL in the column provided. You can also change various settings such as QR Code size, color, resolution, and so on.
- To save the QR Code settings that have been made in .bc format, click Save Settings (number 1). You can also export the QR Code into a bitmap image format or JPG by clicking Expert Barcode (number 2).
- Done! In the future, you can open the .bc file to make changes to the QR Code. Meanwhile, the exported JPG files are functional and can start sharing. Of course, you better try to scan it yourself using a cellphone to make sure the content contained in the QR Code is correct.
How to Create a QR Code for a Location Via Android (QR & Barcode Reader by TeaCapps)
It’s so easy to create QR codes for locations, you can even do it without a PC. Yes, there are many Android applications that can be used to create QR codes, one of which is the QR & Barcode Reader made from TeaCapps.
This application can also be used to scan QR Code through the camera and also scan images stored on the cellphone. This application has been downloaded more than 10 million times on the Play Store and has a rating of at least 4.6.
- First of all, of course, you have to download the application first on the Play Store. Search for “QR & Barcode Reader” in the search field or by clicking this link.
- Open the QR & Barcode Reader application, then select the Create menu then select Location.
- Enter the latitude and longitude information from the location where the QR Code will be generated. If you are at that location, tap on the GPS logo as shown below. You can also zoom and drag the pin to the right location if you want.
- Tap the checkmark in the top right corner.
- Tap on PNG text to export the QR Code. You can save it by selecting the Save File menu, or print it by tapping the printer button next to it.
Yep, QR Code creation is complete. This application also offers complete and easy sharing features to various social media, email, and various messengers such as LINE or WhatsApp.
Also Read: How to Create a Watermark and Remove in Word
Those were the various ways you can create a QR Code to share your location. We try to ensure that whatever your circumstances – when you are offline, cannot access a PC, etc. – you can still create a QR Code for your business or personal needs.
Of course, each method has its advantages and disadvantages. It is up to you to decide which method is most suitable. So what are you waiting for? Immediately create a QR Code to share your business location and get as many potential customers as possible!