Barcode is a geometric pattern that generally has a vertical shape. The function of a barcode is to scan and track an item or property. At the beginning of its introduction, barcodes were used to track trains. However, with the development of the era barcode has become more and more popular since it is used to record goods in supermarkets.
Did you know that there are 2 types of barcodes, namely Universal Product Code and International Standard Book Number (ISBN)?. These ISBNs are generally licensed from official agencies to validate products for sale to the market.
Apart from production needs and tracking retail availability, barcodes can also be used for personal purposes. For example, barcodes are made to mark personal sales or collection products so that it is easier for you to identify them.
If in the past you needed a special tool to make barcodes, now you can make your own barcodes on PC, on Android, or Apple devices. Is there a way to make a barcode for food products? Can I make a barcode in Corel or Word? Well, here Weblogue will answer the question through this article.
How to Create a Barcode for Free
How to Make a Barcode Online
Generating barcodes online can be used for business purposes as you must use an official identification code. Here are the steps for creating an official barcode that can be used to start your business:
Also Read: How to Create a QR Code for a Location
- Generate a UPC / ISBN identification number for your product. You can generate a UPC / ISBN number with the same number initially but must be distinguished by the last few digits.
- Go to the Barcode.gs1us.org link to get your UPC. After entering the product data along with the details, a UPC code will be provided. GS1 has an official certificate as a partner to assist in the process of making a barcode digitally.
- Meanwhile, to get your ISBN number you can go to the ISBN.org link. On this site you can request a single ISBN, block the publisher of the ISBN number, or the extra ISBN publisher number. Here, you will request an ISBN from an organization called Browker to verify your business. Once the ISBN has been submitted, you can place the barcode on the back of your item.
If you don’t want to use a barcode for business purposes, you can also use it for your personal inventory, you know. Here’s how to make a barcode to put on personal items:
- Go to the CreateBarcodes.com site to create a barcode online
- Follow the barcode wizard to create your digital barcode
- Assign a name and serial number to each item on the BarcodesInc site to generate a personal barcode
- Paste barcodes on any items in your possession for personal use
How to Make a Barcode With Excel
Apart from using websites on the internet, barcodes can also be created easily with Excel. Barcodes made by Microsoft Excel can also be printed and pasted directly on your goods. Here are the steps for creating a barcode with help from Excel:
- Go to the IDautomation.com link and select the “Font Tools” menu on the homepage
- Look for the “Microsoft Office Macros & VBA for Excel, Access & Word” menu, then click the red button that says “Download”
- Save the downloaded file to your computer and open the file called “Barcodefunctions.zip” to extract it on your computer
- Open Microsoft Excel, then select the “Tools” menu on the top toolbar, then look for the “Macro” menu and select “Visual Basic Editor”
- Click the “File” menu on the top toolbar, then find and select the “Import File” menu.
- Open a browser to navigate your downloaded Automation ID. Look for a macro file named “IDautomation.bas” and open it in a browser. After that, the files will be added to the “Modules” folder in Excel
- Exit the Visual Basic Editor, re-enter the empty workbook. Test your barcode by typing the number in cell A1. In the cell next to it, type the barcode function
- Type “= Code128 (A1)” in cell B2 and press “Enter” when you are done coding the data
- Select cell B2, and go to font selection then look for Font automation ID and select one of them
- The barcode will be displayed in cell B2
How To Make a Barcode Through Android
If you find it difficult to make Barcodes from Excel, then there is an easier way, you know. For those of you who use an Android device, you can take advantage of several barcode making applications. Of course, the following applications are very easy to use and not complicated. Here’s an Android application for how to create a Barcode:
If you don’t want to be complicated, you can also use an application to create barcodes that can be downloaded from an Android device. One of the barcode maker applications on Android is the Barcode Generator. This application developed by Aeiou is smart enough to create barcodes.
In the Barcode Generator, there are 11 types of barcode codes that you can choose according to your needs. Starting from the QR Code to the barcode which is generally printed on the packaging of products sold in supermarkets.
This application received quite positive reviews from Android users. Yes, Barcode Generator is the right choice if you want to create a barcode without the hassle of using Microsoft Excel.
Barcode Generator Free
In accordance with the name of the application, creating a barcode in this application is free of charge or free. However, you need to know that the name for free means that there will always be ads that appear. Even so, this does not reduce Barcode Generator Free’s ability to create barcodes.
Noted, this application can make barcodes in various formats. The format provided is also quite complete, such as Product barcode, Text / URL, Contact, Email, Share Location, Wifi, and many more. If you are interested in trying this application, you can download it here.
Barcode Architect is another Barcode maker application choice. This application was created and developed by a developer named Simon Boylen. In this application, Barcode Architect provides a feature where users can create 1D Barcodes easily and without limits.
Not only that, but Barcode Architect is also available for Barcode formats such as EAN, UPC-A, UPC-E, ISBN, and many more. You can also directly send the Barcode results that have been created via e-mail or save them in PNG, JPG, SVG, or HTML5 format. Quite complete, right? Download Barcode Architect here.
Well, for this Barcode maker application, it specializes in making Barcodes with code 39. Code39 itself is an application created and developed by MlC developers. Various kinds of features were installed to make it easier for users to create Barcodes in Code39.
In the application, Code39 users can directly print the barcode that has been made. However, if you just want to save it, Code39 provides a feature to save Barcode results on the SD Card. Easy enough, right? To get the application, you can directly download Code39 here.
Barcode Generator and Scanner – Offline
This application is recommended for users who want to create a barcode offline. So, you don’t have to bother connecting to the internet, so you are free to create barcodes anytime, anywhere. Besides having offline features, this application also provides quite a number of barcode formats, such as CODE_128, CODE_39, QR_CODE, PDF_417, and many more. Interested? You can download it here.
Advance Barcode Generator
Androventure is a developer who develops the Advance Barcode Generator application. Not much different from other Barcode maker applications, Advance Barcode Generator also offers the convenience of making Barcodes using only an Android device.
In its application, the Advance Barcode Generator can create Barcodes with various types of codes. For example, you can create Barcodes with Code39, Code128, and many more. In fact, in this Advance Barcode Generator application, you can change the Barcode color and also adjust the Barcode size. But unfortunately, this application is no longer available on the PlayStore.
Barcode generator – Hamsoft Uganda
Hamsoft Uganda is also one of the developers who developed an application to make Barcodes on Android. This application that you can download for free offers easy, simple, and straightforward Barcode creation.
Here, you just need to enter the code you want to generate as a Barcode. Then, you can also adjust the width and height of the barcode image that will be created. When finished, you can immediately click save to save the Barcode results that have been made. But unfortunately, this application cannot be found on the PlayStore.
How To Create a Barcode Through iOS
For Apple device users, such as an iPhone or iPad, you can create a barcode with an application called Qrafter. This application is the same as a Barcode Generator, which can create a QR Code or other barcode types.
To get Qrafter, iOS users can download it via the App Store. Qrafter is designed to create and scan barcodes. With the camera on your device, the barcode can be scanned via Qrafter easily.
It cannot be denied that the presence of barcodes simplifies the process of collecting and scanning various products. In other words, barcodes greatly facilitate the process of collecting large quantities of products and thus save a lot of time.
Barcode Generator and Qrafter are barcode generator applications that are used to make it easier for you to produce barcodes without having to use complicated methods. You only need an Android and iOS device, then you can print it directly via a wireless printer.
However, to produce barcodes that will later be placed on products that will be marketed, you should use the way to create a barcode online. The reason is, the barcode on the product must have an official code in accordance with trade regulations.