JPG and PNG are the most commonly used image formats. Because these two formats are quite popular, some people ask How to Convert JPG to PNG?
The most visible difference between these two formats is that PNG can be used for images with transparent backgrounds. Meanwhile, JPG is often used for ordinary images because it cannot display a transparent background.
In addition, JPG is also often encountered for images in the form of photography. Whereas PNG is more often used for editing images and images with transparent backgrounds.
Usually, JPG images are smaller than the PNG format. The reason is, JPG is a compressed lossy image format that functions to process photos or images so they can be small in size.
With quite a lot of differences, this way of converting JPG to PNG will be very helpful for adjusting your needs in managing images or photos.
5 Ways to Convert JPG to PNG
Paint is one of the default software from Windows that you can use to process images or photos. Paint has a large selection of image formats including JPG and PNG.
Here are the steps for changing the jpg to png format in paint:
- Open the paint application on your computer or laptop.
- Then Click File> Open> Select the JPG photo you want to change.
- The photo or image you selected will open in paint.
- Click File> Save As> in the Save as type option select PNG format.
- Click the Save button to save the image.
Very easy right? In fact, you only need a few seconds to change the JPG image format to PNG or vice versa using paint.
Converting With Adobe Photoshop
Using adobe photoshop will not be much different from using Paint above. But if you use Photoshop, you can edit it first because Photoshop provides more features.
Follow how to convert JPG to PNG using Photoshop below:
- Open Adobe Photoshop on your computer or laptop.
- Click File> Open> then select the JPG photo you want to change.
- Then the JPG photo will open in the photoshop application.
- Click File> Save As> and in the format options select PNG.
- You will need to Compression and Interlaced your PNG image.
- Finally, click the OK button.
The Compression feature is used to optimize the size of the saved PNG photo. If you want your PNG to be small, then select Smallest / Low.
And the Interlaced feature functions to adjust PNG images to make them better in terms of quality. You can set whether to activate or not. However, if enabled, the PNG size may be slightly larger.
Convert JPG to PNG without application
The next way you don’t need to use any application assistance. You must manually change the JPG to PNG format or vice versa.
Please follow the following guidelines for more details:
- Open File Explorer then go to This PC / Computer folder.
- Then click the View menu tab at the top.
- Give a check on the option File Name Extensions.
- The feature will display the file extension format.
- Find the JPG image or photo that you want to convert to PNG.
- Right-click image> Rename> delete JPG and convert it to PNG.
This method is not recommended because it does not go through the image optimization stage so that the size and quality will be less than optimal. However, this method will be very suitable if you only want to change the image format.
In addition, this method can also be used on mobile devices such as Android phones. To do so, simply go to the file manager and then rename the image or photo from JPG to PNG.
How to Change JPG to PNG Format Online
The next method you can also use on a computer or on an Android cellphone. All you need is a web browser application and a stable internet network.
Also Read: 5 Easy Ways to Get More Followers on TikTok
Here’s how to convert jpg to png online:
- Open the jpg2png.com/id website through your browser.
- Click Upload File and locate the JPG file you want.
- Then your request will be sent.
- Just wait for the conversion process to finish.
- Once done, you can take your PNG image.
Simply upload the image then download the result and you have succeeded in changing the image format according to your wishes. Very easy right?
How to Convert JPG to PNG on Android
If you want to change the image format from JPG to PNG via an Android phone. Then you can do this through an application on the Google Play Store.
This application called JPEG / PNG Image File Converter is able to convert JPG images to PNG easily and quickly. Here’s a complete guide on how to change jpg to png on an android phone:
- Install the JPEG / PNG Image File Converter application first.
- Once installed, open the application.
- Select the image that you want to convert to PNG format.
- After the process is complete, you can immediately save the results.
Even though it’s free, this application has proven to be effective in converting JPG image and photo formats to PNG on Android phones quickly.
There are actually many methods that can be used to change the format of images and photos. However, the 5 ways above might be a fairly easy and fast solution.
How to convert JPG to PNG image format. Hopefully useful and good luck!