How to check and check the specifications and speed of RAM on a computer or laptop based on Windows 11 is very easy. It’s only a few steps, you can already find out how much RAM capacity on your Windows 11 laptop you have.
RAM is one of the important components of a computer or laptop. Knowing the exact RAM specifications may be useful in some situations.
For example, when you want to add RAM but are required to use multiples of the same capacity. This way, you can also find out if your laptop supports dual-channel RAM or not.
The exact RAM specifications can also help you plan your next PC assembly. Here are some ways to check and check the RAM specifications on a Windows 11 computer or laptop.
How to Check Your RAM Details on Windows 11 Systems
Check RAM Information in Settings
The easiest way to check RAM information is through Settings. Here’s the complete guide:
- Click the Start button and select Settings. Usually, the settings button is at the top. If it doesn’t exist, just search for “Settings” in the search field.
- Then, press the System button on the left panel.
- On the right, scroll down until you find About. Click the button.
- Next, open Device Specification and check Installed RAM. In this menu, you will see information about the RAM installed on your device.
Also Read: How to Install New Fonts in Windows 11
How to Check Additional RAM Information in Windows 11
The next information you can get is related to RAM speed. Here’s a method to find out the RAM speed information on your laptop or PC.
- Click the Start button, then search for “Task Manager”.
- Press Task Manager, then move to the Performance section.
- Here, press Memory. Right on the right, there is some additional information about the RAM on your device, such as speed, slots used, and so on.
Check RAM Specifications with Windows Terminal
Another way to check RAM specifications on a Windows 11 laptop or computer is with the Windows Terminal feature. Here are the full details for you.
- Click the Start Menu, then search for “Windows Terminal” in the search field.
- Press Windows Terminal that appears in the search results. Then, type the command system info and hit enter.
- Windows Terminal will display information about your device’s system, including the total RAM of your laptop or computer.
Checking RAM Specifications with System Information
The last method, use System Information to see the RAM specifications of your Windows 11 device. Here’s how.
- Press the Start Menu again, then type msinfo in the search field and press enter.
- Click System Information, then go to System Summary.
- Clearly displayed information on your computer specifications, including RAM. You can see actual RAM capacity, remaining RAM, total virtual memory, and so on.
Also Read: How to Open Control Panel in Windows 11
How, How to check RAM on Windows 11 computer or laptop? May be useful!