How To Change WiFi Password can help you avoid cyber crimes. It is recommended to change the WiFi password regularly for security purposes.
Ideally, the WiFi password is changed every month to avoid WiFi password theft or being used by irresponsible people.
How to Change Your WiFi Password Using a PC, laptop, or smartphone. As long as the device can access any browser, for example, Google Chrome.
Here’s how to change your home WiFi password that the Weblogue.net Team has summarized for you.
How to Change Your Wi Fi Password
How to Change WiFi Password on PC or Laptop
- Make sure the device is connected to the WiFi network that you want to change the password for. If it turns out to be connected to another network, the user will not be able to change the password.
- Type in the address 192.168.1.1. in the URL field of the browser on your laptop or PC.
- How to change the WiFi password after pressing enter the user will enter the router settings interface.
- Enter the username and password in the fields provided. For the default mode or it has never been changed before, just enter ‘user’ in the username and password. Some types of routers usually use ‘admin’ for the default username and password.
- After that, click on the ‘Network’ option on the left. Then several options will appear.
- Select ‘Security’ which is located under ‘Network’.
- Enter the new password in the ‘WPA Passphrase’ field in the middle of the screen. The WiFi password is a minimum of eight characters and a maximum of 63 characters.
- Note: It is recommended to create a WiFi password consisting of a combination of numbers, uppercase, and lowercase letters. Because the combination is stronger and anti-broken. In addition, WiFi passwords should not use words or phrases that are easy for people to know.
- Finally, click save. The new password will be saved and can be used. If this step is missed, the new password will not be saved. The process of changing the password must be repeated from the beginning again.
Also Read: How to Get Wifi Password of Neighbors
How To Change WiFi Password From Your Smartphone
- The first way to change the WiFi password, make sure the smartphone or tablet you are using is connected to a WiFi network.
- Open a browser on your device, then enter the router’s IP address (Example: 192.168.0.1.) in the URL field. The default IP address of this router may vary by brand.
- After entering the IP address of the router and the management home menu will appear containing the admin username and password fields. If it hasn’t been changed, you can enter the admin name and password from the router label.
- After entering the router management menu, look for Wireless Network settings. This setting may vary between routers but is usually in the “Wireless” section.
- Here you will find the password field. Please enter the desired new password.
- Fill in the new password in the “Wireless Password” field.
- If the password has been changed, please press the “Save” button to start applying the new password.
- Automatically, your WiFi network is reactivated with a new password.
That’s How To Change WiFi Password easily and quickly. Change the WiFi password periodically to prevent unauthorized people from using your internet access.