How to Change Primary Email Address in Facebook Account? As we know, when we register for Facebook, we generally use email, although sometimes we register with a cell phone number, email is still mandatory to be linked to Facebook because it is more “permanent” than a cell phone number that is easily lost.
Those of you who stop by this article, are definitely looking for a way to add a new email or delete an old email on your Facebook account.
The reason may be because the old email can’t be opened, maybe because it can’t be accessed. Or the email used is not your personal email, maybe because you used to create a Facebook account, borrow your family email, etc.
In essence, if you want to change or delete the main email on your Facebook account, this can be done easily.
There are only two conditions, you must have a new email that can be accessed, and you remember the Facebook account password.
How to Change Your Primary Email Address on Facebook
Broadly speaking, the process is, add your new email, then make the new email the main email, then delete the old email from the Facebook account settings.
- Please open the chrome browser on your phone. I’ve checked the phone’s default browser and the UC browser doesn’t seem to have any settings for this desktop site.
- Go to the facebook.com site, then log in as usual.
- After logging in, please tap the three dots in the upper right corner, scroll and check the “desktop site” menu. This “desktop site” menu means that we open the PC version of the Facebook site, this is because the delete email menu only appears on the PC version of Facebook.
- If you have, usually the appearance of Facebook will change to a desktop site, so you need to zoom in and zoom out here. If not, try reloading.
- Next, zoom in (enlarge the page) and look for the “arrow icon” as shown below, tap the icon, then select the “settings and privacy” menu.
6 Next select the “settings” menu.
- After that you will be taken to the general settings page as below. Tap “edit” on the contact menu. Then select “Add another email or mobile number”.
- Enter your new email address, then tap “Add”.
- Next you will be asked to enter your Facebook password here, the purpose is for security verification.
- After that, a pop-up box appears telling you that an email has been sent to the new email address. Just click close.
- Next, open your new email inbox and then open an email message from Facebook. Write down the code.
- Go back to the Facebook settings page earlier. Tap the “Confirm” button below the new email address. A pop-up will appear to enter the code, enter the code here, then tap “OK”.
- If the code has been filled in. The new email should have been successfully added. To delete an old email, set the new email to be the main email, by tapping the “make primary” menu.
- If so, try to refresh/reload the page. If the new email address has become the primary email, then the new email will rise to the top position. Now to delete an old email, select it and tap the “delete” button on the old email.
- Ok until here your old email address has been deleted. Done!
Don’t worry it doesn’t work, because after you click delete there is no response, no notification, or delete approval. Just reload your Facebook page, then the old email should have disappeared from there.
What if the email message containing the code doesn’t appear?
Make sure you look for those email messages in your new email inbox, not in your old email inbox.
Also try to refresh or reload your email inbox, and wait a while. If it still doesn’t appear, you can ask Facebook to resend the code by clicking the “Resend email” button in step 12. The “resend email” button is next to the “confirm” button.
If you use an email application (not a browser), maybe try opening the email via a browser, sometimes the email application has problems in “syncing”, so new emails can arrive late.
Suggestions for you, in the future so that you don’t have to change email often, consider the email you will use first.
It would be better if the email used is a private email, meaning it’s not an email with a girlfriend, family, or friends. Not a few cases of hacking Facebook accounts, which come from here.
I also suggest that you create your own personal email, this is related to the security factor earlier. If the email account gets hacked, other accounts related to the email can be taken over.
For example, if the email account is registered on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, that means, when the email account is hacked, hackers can easily take your social media accounts.