How to Change Mobile Number in Gmail to replace an inactive number as a Google account recovery method when you forget your password is actually very easy. You can even do it on Android, PC, or iPhone.
So, even though the phone number on your Google account has been inactive or lost for a long time, you can still change the old cellphone number in Gmail to the new one that is still active.
This is highly recommended because when you forget your own Gmail password, you can change the password by verifying the cellphone number that is connected to your Google account. So, you don’t have to worry anymore if this happens.
How to Change Gmail Phone Number
As we know, changing passwords can make our accounts more secure. This also applies to cellphone numbers, you can change the cellphone number on Gmail regularly, especially if you do change phone numbers frequently.
The reason is, if the number is no longer active, it is certain that you will find it difficult to verify Gmail when you forget your password.
That is why you must know How to Change Mobile Number in Gmail so that one day the number on your Gmail account is no longer active, you can change it at any time.
Via an Android phone
For Android phones, you only need to access the Settings menu on your device. However, make sure you have activated cellular data or wifi to connect to the internet network.
How to Change Gmail Phone Number on Android:
- Open the Settings menu or Settings on an Android phone.
- Scroll down until you find the Google menu.
- Tap the Google menu and then tap Manage your Google Account.
- Select the menu Personal Info> Phone.
- Then dial your cellphone number.
- Tap the three dots next to the number.
- Select the Edit option then you must fill in a password for verification.
- Tap the Update Phone Number button at the bottom.
- Type in your new cellphone number then verifies the message.
If the verification of the new cellphone number is successful, it means that you have successfully changed the cellphone number in Gmail. Make sure your cellphone number is in the active period so you can receive the verification code sent by Google.
How to Change Gmail Cellphone Number on iPhone
If you are an iOS user, then you can also change the cellphone number on your Gmail account. You only need to use the Gmail application on your device to change your cellphone number.
How to change the Gmail verification number on iOS:
- Run the Gmail application on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then tap the three vertical lines icon to open the menu.
- Go to the Settings menu> Your Account> Manage your Google Account.
- Select the Personal Info menu tab and then go to the Phone option.
- Tap Edit next to your cellphone number.
- Then select an Update phone number.
- Fill in your new cellphone number and verify it.
Now the cellphone number in Gmail has been successfully replaced. This number can already be used for the verification method if you forget your Google account password.
On a Laptop or PC
The last method is to use a desktop device such as a laptop, computer, or PC. All you need to use is a web browser application such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or others.
How to change the Gmail account cellphone number on a laptop:
- Make sure you are logged into your Gmail account.
- Then open the Google Account page.
- Click the Personal Info menu on the left.
- Then select the menu Contact Info> Phone.
- Click your phone number and click the three dots to the right of the number.
- Select the Edit option> Update Phone Number.
- Type in your new cellphone number.
- Click the Get Code button and verify it.
After the verification process of changing the cellphone number is successful, the cellphone number has been successfully changed. Make sure to always use an active number as verification of your google account so that your account remains safe.
This is How to Change Mobile Number in Gmail on Android, iPhone, and PC that you can try. If you have never added a phone number to your Google account at all, then you can use the same method.